Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I think I've broken my Fabric Mule's back! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-think-ive-broken-my-fabric-mules-back-t243423.html)

GingerK 03-17-2014 06:08 PM

I think I've broken my Fabric Mule's back!

As I have posted before, DH is currently working in NC and I 'occasionally' order a 'few things' from US based online quilt stores, and have them delivered to his hotel (who could resist free US shipping instead of paying $20+ per order for shipping to Canada. Essentially, he is my Fabric Mule, hauling my albeit legitimate purchases, across the border for me.

Well, 'Possibilities in Quilting' has been having an awesome sale and I think I went a little overboard. He said the package must weigh 30 lbs. and he is NOT a happy camper. I did point out that I had to go almost a year without ordering (because he had a contract that had him working from home) so this was 'sort of' catch-up. He did not seem to think that was a valid point.

Guess I'll have to cool it for a little while (especially since I 'forgot' to tell him that there was going to be a 'little package'-only 8 yards--arriving from Wolph33. ) Ummm.....oops!

lfstamper 03-17-2014 06:11 PM

Too funny - at least the patterns were light! Never heard of Possibilites so will have to check them out. What a bad influence this is...lol.

Lori S 03-17-2014 06:17 PM

I completely understand.. you were thinking of all that value/savings... but I think you may owe him something when he gets home!

I went and checked out why he was so loaded... that is a great sale!

Twisted Quilter 03-17-2014 06:31 PM

Thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh! :D

Havplenty 03-17-2014 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 6632136)
....I went and checked out why he was so loaded... that is a great sale!

Yeppers!!!!

AliKat 03-17-2014 09:55 PM

Barter with him. It works. Hey, I didn't say what to barter with.

notmorecraft 03-17-2014 10:54 PM

I hope he's driving or the airline will charge him excess baggage which could end up more than your shipping costs lol. Well done for getting such a good deal on your goodies. x

justflyingin 03-17-2014 11:56 PM

Wow. I can totally understand your need to buy during this sale, esp. since your location and all. And getting it home for free! Tell him you really appreciate it and make sure you make some of his favorite goodies/meals for him in appreciation. These prices are really good and lots and lots of blender types!

ManiacQuilter2 03-18-2014 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 6632136)
I completely understand.. you were thinking of all that value/savings... but I think you may owe him something when he gets home!

I went and checked out why he was so loaded... that is a great sale!

I agree, you do owe him BIG TIME!! Start making a homecoming that he will NEVER forget !!! :)

joyce blint 03-18-2014 05:34 AM

Wow! Good fabric for $1.99-$3.99! Now that's a sale!!