Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I was told this is a Brick Road pattern quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-told-brick-road-pattern-quilt-t146069.html)

seweasy 08-18-2011 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Back in July, Oistin posted a request for help looking for a pattern for a Brick quilt pattern. I didn't see the post until I went looking to see if someone had a tutorial for making the Yellow Brick Road pattern.
Here is a picture of an old quilt top I was given, and from what "experts" I could find I was told the pattern was called Brick Road. It looks to me that 5-1/4x3-1/4 rectangles were sewn together, then those stripes were sewn together in staggered stripes.
I hope Oistin sees this post and that it was any help. Sorry I didn't see the post sooner! Chris

erstan947 08-18-2011 10:47 AM

Love this quilt. All the old fabrics are wonderful:)

butterflies5518 08-18-2011 10:53 AM

beautiful comfy quilt!

seweasy 08-18-2011 10:56 AM

Thank you! I still can't believe how I got this top and four others. A lady overheard me talking to a clerk about a baby quilt I was making, she came up to me and said she had some old quilts that her family didn't want and wondered if I would like to have them. I nearly fall out in the middle of Hobby Lobby!!! No one in my family before me, was a quilter and so I always had wished I could have hand-me-down. Now I have one each of the grandchildren( we are expecting another GB so that's why there's only three in the avatar!)
You can't believe how much this means to me! I have the names of the ladies who made the quilt tops but have never been able to get in touch with the lady who gave them to me. Very mysterious!!! Chris

blueangel 08-18-2011 11:29 AM

Awesome

emerald46 08-18-2011 12:08 PM

Love those old fabrics....lucky girl!

seweasy 08-18-2011 12:29 PM

My favortie top is a Spider Web blocks, all of the tops are hand-pieced. From the Spider Web top, I was able to date the top because the ladies had used news print. There were ads printed on the paper, one was of old movie called Scarlet Angel with Vivian De Carlo and Rock Hudson. I did some "digging" and found out that the movie was playing in the theaters in 1950. Most of the fabrics look to be floursack fabrics and some dress fabrics.
I will never understand why her family didn't want these tops but it's been a blessing for me. I don't why I never been able to get back in touch with the lady. The names of the stitchers will be on the backs of the quilts so my family will know how they came to our family.

mamaw 08-18-2011 12:37 PM

That is definitely bricks; but not Yellow Brick Road.

pamesue 08-18-2011 02:04 PM

nope....that is not yellow brick road...

but it is a nice quilt.

vivoaks 08-18-2011 02:17 PM

That may well be a "Brick Road" pattern, but it's definitely NOT a "Yellow Brick Road". Pretty, though!! :thumbup: