Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I was told to build my stash... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-told-build-my-stash-t107866.html)

Annz 03-16-2011 06:47 PM

Wow. Bring him with you to carry your loot.

Grandma Peg 03-16-2011 07:52 PM

Have fun shopping.

skydiver70 03-16-2011 07:53 PM

Run, don't walk to the nearest fabric store, before he changes his mind. LOL

Dee 03-16-2011 09:02 PM

You go girl. Have fun and stock up.

skjquiltnut 03-17-2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
Thank goodness my fabric stash is in cupboards with doors on them. If my husband could see my stash he would freak. I know I have way to much.

IMO one can never have "too big a stash". :wink: And In this economic climate, we need to be safely storing fabric n thread for ourselves and our children's usage. If children should :cry: turn out to not LOVE fabric and quilting, then we in our old age will still have plenty of GOOD quality cottons to use for our own pleasure :wink:

skjquiltnut 03-17-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
just so you know fabric.com is having a HUGE sale.. 3.95 and 4.95 a yard. :D

Wish we could feel fabric online; would then feel more confident about buying.

Roberta 03-17-2011 10:08 AM

I'm giving your DH our phone number so he can talk to mine and run that idea by him ;-)

skjquiltnut 03-17-2011 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Marge L.
When my DH was living, he was the one to suggest that I get a different machine when he thought the present one was in the repair shop too often. On coming backing from a shopping, the 1st question was, "Well, how much material did you get this time?" This was all said w/ a grin while hiding behind the paper. If I said not one thing, he'd ask if I was sick. LOL God, I miss that man.

((Hugs))

Roberta 03-17-2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut

When my DH was living, he was the one to suggest that I get a different machine when he thought the present one was in the repair shop too often. On coming backing from a shopping, the 1st question was, "Well, how much material did you get this time?" This was all said w/ a grin while hiding behind the paper. If I said not one thing, he'd ask if I was sick. LOL God, I miss that man.

((Hugs))

I'm sorry you lost him. He truly sounds like he was a gem.

JanieH 03-17-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut

((Hugs))

I'm sorry you lost him. He truly sounds like he was a gem.

I also had a gem of a DH. He would spot quilt stores a mile off when we were traveling and pull in before I could say anything. He always carried a book with him so he could sit and read and always told me to take my time and that he enjoyed seeing me so happy buying fabric! I am sure there is a special place for them in quilter's heaven!