Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I was volunteered! Help! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-volunteered-help-t205452.html)

Quilt-T 11-20-2012 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here she is, all washed, bound and labelled. I took the pic this morning before work. She will go out in the mail tomorrow. It will be sad to see her go, but I know she is going to someone who truly deserves her. A bit more time and I would have done more justice to her. I hope he loves the quilt! Hopefully I will get a pic or letter back. I would love to have one of the recipient and the quilt!!

Bluelady 11-20-2012 12:14 PM

WOW!! Quilt-T, that is amazing! He will love it!!

Bluelady 11-21-2012 12:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the last quilt I finished for the soldiers. A friend did the LA for me. She did a fantastic job! I have included a close up of the quilting.

The color is a bit off. It is brighter in real life.

justflyingin 11-21-2012 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-T (Post 5669909)
Well here she is, all washed, bound and labelled. I took the pic this morning before work. She will go out in the mail tomorrow. It will be sad to see her go, but I know she is going to someone who truly deserves her. A bit more time and I would have done more justice to her. I hope he loves the quilt! Hopefully I will get a pic or letter back. I would love to have one of the recipient and the quilt!!

It turned out to be a very attractive quilt. I'm sure he will think it is great. I like it, too, because I also like puffy!

Quilt-T 11-21-2012 02:41 AM

Thanks, everyone!

paulswalia 11-23-2012 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-T (Post 5671054)
Thanks, everyone!

Quilt-T, your quilt is beautiful - great job! Your comments made me smile = are all your quilts girls? It makes me chuckle to think your girl is going off to sleep with a guy in his cot! :D

Pam H 11-23-2012 07:32 AM

Bluelady, I love your friendship star quilt. Blues and greens are my favorite combo.

Quilt-T 11-23-2012 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by paulswalia (Post 5674419)
Quilt-T, your quilt is beautiful - great job! Your comments made me smile = are all your quilts girls? It makes me chuckle to think your girl is going off to sleep with a guy in his cot! :D

Thanks for the compliments on the quilt and my comments! That is funny! Most of them are girls, very few guys! Not sure but sometimes the quilts just have a personality of their own and they tell me who they are! This has been a wonderful project for me to be involved in! I would love to do it again just with a bit more time to really plan the project out!
Happy Quilting! Tanya

Quilt-T 12-04-2012 10:39 AM

So, is anyone else really missing the quilt that they made? I am so anxious to know when the quilt makes it to the soldier I made it for. It seems like I mailed it off forever ago, but it was really just 2 weeks ago!! That was the most fun I've had making a quilt in awhile. I considered doing another one really fast to get my mind off of that particular quilt. I am hoping that it makes it safely into his hands. Thanks for letting me vent!

Tanya

Kathy T. 12-04-2012 04:05 PM

I agree, Tanya! I have been watching this thread to see if any more pictures show up. I guess we shouldn't expect the quilts to arrive in the Middle East until late December, but it's hard to wait! I just hope all of the soldiers are ok, get their quilts and know we care.