Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I was volunteered! Help! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-volunteered-help-t205452.html)

PenniF 11-08-2012 01:16 PM

i PMd you..... time is too short - i'll supply the fabric too to save time - let me know.

Jingle 11-08-2012 02:45 PM

Nice of you to help and get others to help you. I would have had to back out. I love making quilts and make one after another but, I pace myself, only working a couple hours a night and weekends while doing my laundry and housework. I work full time also.
I'm sure they will be appreciated.

Bluelady 11-08-2012 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 5643537)
How about unvolunteering yourself?

Oh no. It wouldn't be fair to have a couple of the boys get a quilt and a bunch of them not get one. I appreciate their sacrifice and their bravery and hope I can help brighten their days

Bluelady 11-08-2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 5643782)
i PMd you..... time is too short - i'll supply the fabric too to save time - let me know.

Thank you thank you! I will happily repay you with much yardage!

Bluelady 11-08-2012 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed (Post 5643657)
If she thinks you are doing 9, that leaves 6 for her to do. Unless she has grabbed someone to do some of her 6, meeting the deadline will probably be more of a problem for her than it is for you.

Will she learn a lesson from this? I wonder.

You are blessed to have such generous members of the board helping you with your 9.

Dayle

Yes. This board is a blessing and I so thank every one who is helping. It will mean a lot to the boys. Thank goodness it is only 15 and not a couple hundred!

alleyoop1 11-09-2012 05:19 AM

Hope she can get them to Afghanistan. Our church made scarfs for the troops but they were not able to send them because they couldn't be colors and the troops are issued scarfs.

MadP 11-09-2012 06:02 AM

I have one made up in blue and brown, however it does have some tiny flowers in it. If you want it let me know.

eyes 11-09-2012 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady (Post 5643543)
Thank you Charity-crafter. Yes, two weeks is a bit crazy! I think she will soon discover that herself. Experience will be the best teacher for her. I just hope she wants to continue quilting after this!

And Jamie, thank you for the thought and good luck with your project too! :)

My guess would be she has passed the entire project off on others and won't learn a thing from this except others will cover her spur of the moment ideas.
And it is a wonderful project to be involved in with better planning. I think many have already paced themselves with their own projects with no time to spare.
I am also wondering about the mailing because our post office is already having a problem with mail not coming in from one place until 10 A.M. to be sorted and delivered and we are barely getting our mail before closing.
Please tell her you can only complete half and let her find another person or two. It should be a fun project with little stress for everyone.

Kathy T. 11-09-2012 06:21 AM

I have sent you a PM. I will volunteer to help.

charity-crafter 11-09-2012 06:54 AM

I think with all her volunteers to help it could be done is about a month, 2 weeks is going to be stressing the OP greatly. But I'm sewing my 4 patch scrappys this morning and hope to get them in the mail this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

I hadn't thought about her DIL having to do the other 6, if she's a new quilter she may not be doing intricate blocks, maybe just big squares.

Do you plan to quilt or tie these?