Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I want to divorce my sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-want-divorce-my-sewing-machine-t70562.html)

noveltyjunkie 10-16-2010 04:51 PM

Just needed to say that out loud. It is far too temperamental. I changed the bobbin just now and the tension went all off- did all the usual things and I have been trying everything and it is still all wrong and the bobbin is nearly all used up now with all the trials and errors, plus I have broken a needle, swore at volume, littered my sewing room with cut off threads, and damaged the surface of the baby quilt which I may never finish if this CURSED machine has anything to do with it.

Block you ears now.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Dont be all male now and offer suggestions. I just wanted to get that out.

I wish I could turn back time and not have bought this machine.

Sadiemae 10-16-2010 05:04 PM

What kind of machine is it?

bjnicholson 10-16-2010 05:07 PM

Yes, please tell us so we don't make the same mistake! (Just kidding...I know how frustrating stuff like this can be.)

DebraK 10-16-2010 05:07 PM

then just do it or go to counseling.

Annaquilts 10-16-2010 05:11 PM

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Being all female with you screaming and offering you wine and dark chocolate. Turn that thing off and go watch a good movie.)))))) Hugs(((((((((

Bobby's Girl 10-16-2010 05:16 PM

I read a news article about a guy who got so angry and frustrated with his computer that he beat it to death with a hammer. That's one option for dealing with a contrary sewing machine, too. LOL ;)

kriscraft99 10-16-2010 05:16 PM

some days are like that ~ I've learned to walk away, go do something else and try again another day with the attitude that "it isn't going to get the best of me today".. sewing machines have bad days too..

Sadiemae 10-16-2010 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Being all female with you screaming and offering you wine and dark chocolate. Turn that thing off and go watch a good movie.)))))) Hugs(((((((((

No dark chocolate here--how about milk chocolate and caramel?

yellowsnow55 10-16-2010 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Just needed to say that out loud. It is far too temperamental. I changed the bobbin just now and the tension went all off- did all the usual things and I have been trying everything and it is still all wrong and the bobbin is nearly all used up now with all the trials and errors, plus I have broken a needle, swore at volume, littered my sewing room with cut off threads, and damaged the surface of the baby quilt which I may never finish if this CURSED machine has anything to do with it.

Block you ears now.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Me thinks you and your machine could benefit from some counceling

Dont be all male now and offer suggestions. I just wanted to get that out.

I wish I could turn back time and not have bought this machine.

:evil:

sahm4605 10-16-2010 05:57 PM

mmmmmmmmmm, sounds like you have a desperately needed therapy season ahead of you. might I suggest group therapy with Dr." Chocolate, Caramel, Ben and Jerry. they are always wonderful. I see them regularly. hehe You don't want to be commiting machineaside.