Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to divorce my sewing machine

Blog Entries
    Just needed to say that out loud. It is far too temperamental. I changed the bobbin just now and the tension went all off- did all the usual things and I have been trying everything and it is still all wrong and the bobbin is nearly all used up now with all the trials and errors, plus I have broken a needle, swore at volume, littered my sewing room with cut off threads, and damaged the surface of the baby quilt which I may never finish if this CURSED machine has anything to do with it.

Block you ears now.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Dont be all male now and offer suggestions. I just wanted to get that out.

I wish I could turn back time and not have bought this machine.

Blog Entries
    What kind of machine is it?

Blog Entries
    Yes, please tell us so we don't make the same mistake! (Just kidding...I know how frustrating stuff like this can be.)

then just do it or go to counseling.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Being all female with you screaming and offering you wine and dark chocolate. Turn that thing off and go watch a good movie.)))))) Hugs(((((((((

I read a news article about a guy who got so angry and frustrated with his computer that he beat it to death with a hammer. That's one option for dealing with a contrary sewing machine, too. LOL ;)

some days are like that ~ I've learned to walk away, go do something else and try again another day with the attitude that "it isn't going to get the best of me today".. sewing machines have bad days too..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Being all female with you screaming and offering you wine and dark chocolate. Turn that thing off and go watch a good movie.)))))) Hugs(((((((((
    No dark chocolate here--how about milk chocolate and caramel?

Quote Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
    Just needed to say that out loud. It is far too temperamental. I changed the bobbin just now and the tension went all off- did all the usual things and I have been trying everything and it is still all wrong and the bobbin is nearly all used up now with all the trials and errors, plus I have broken a needle, swore at volume, littered my sewing room with cut off threads, and damaged the surface of the baby quilt which I may never finish if this CURSED machine has anything to do with it.

Block you ears now.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Me thinks you and your machine could benefit from some counceling

Dont be all male now and offer suggestions. I just wanted to get that out.

I wish I could turn back time and not have bought this machine.
    :evil:

mmmmmmmmmm, sounds like you have a desperately needed therapy season ahead of you. might I suggest group therapy with Dr." Chocolate, Caramel, Ben and Jerry. they are always wonderful. I see them regularly. hehe You don't want to be commiting machineaside.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Take a deep breath, have a break, I'm sure things will come good for you. We all seem to have days just like the one your having at the moment. :-D

I agree with you!!

Mine was doing a similar thing...ggggrrrrrrrr!!! Spent $100 to get it serviced and it still was acting up. Then somehow I managed to re-seat the bobbin case (for the 100th time it seemed) and it started purring. It's been good for the last 2 days...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can finish my quilt. I am looking for a new (used machine) because life's too short to have such a temperamental sewing machine. I do think having a stash of high quality dark chocolate is great during times such as these! Good luck!

And THAT'S why I have a spare sewing machine and a stash of my favorite chocolate always close at hand.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    BAD machine! BAD, bad machine. :hunf:
    Now go stand in the corner for time out, maybe for a week or more. Humpf.

Blog Entries
    Several decades ago (don't laugh) I had a very similar problem. I was so mad I packed up my kid, he was just a baby then and went out and bought a brand new machine. Whipped out that plastic so fast I thought it was going to melt! X-hub was not happy but he got over it.

If that happened now, I would really be up the creek without a paddle. Luckily, since then I'm managed to collect a nice collection of machines.

My heart goes out to you. Drink a glass of wine, get a good nights sleep. It's amazing what a new day may bring with a tempermental machine.

Hugs to you.

Maybe we ALL should bring her a glass of wine, chocolate and enjoy a movie with her!

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much everyone! It is morning here in Australia, so I'll hold off on the wine for another few hours lol. I have left the house and we are having lunch out. I think I need to replace my bobbin race (the housing thing) It slips a lot- that's what broke the needle. Any how- this quilt is already three months late so what's another weekend?!!!!! Deeeeeeep breaths. That machine had better be in the mood to apologize when I get back!

Blog Entries
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    back at ya. Been there. ((((shoulder to lean on))))))))))

I have to know what brand of machine it is. I've only had trouble with the bobbin case when I didn't "click" it in. On 2 other machines with the drop in type bobbins--they are very fussy if any lint or even a tiny piece of thread works itself into the path. One of them does have a little wiggle room when trying to line up the bobbin race. Poorly wound bobbins, thread jumping off the takeup lever and the thread coming out from the needle guides cause most of my problems. The only one I couldn't figure out or fix on my own was when a lint ball got sucked up into the tension disks on my computerized, auto-tensioning Elna and I couldn't figure out how to get to the tension assembly to get at the lint. Now I'm a little OCD about keeping the lint from accumulating on the needle bar. I couldn't finish the quilt for 2 weeks and was $70 poorer because of a little lint ball.

I had the same problem and finally took the machine to get fixed. The timing was off.... that's all it took.

Banned
    .....but you don't tell us the make and year....so very difficult to give an informed answer.

Banned
    Nothing a couple of Long Island Teas and a .40 Smith & Wesson cant fix! :mrgreen:

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Nothing a couple of Long Island Teas and a .40 Smith & Wesson cant fix! :mrgreen:

Billy
    LOL there's not much that won't fix!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast