Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I would like to see your sampler quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/i-would-like-see-your-sampler-quilts-t54016.html)

Louise C 07-11-2010 06:44 PM

I am presently trying to assemble Eleanor Burns' sampler No.2 from her series on Egg Money Quilts. So far, I made the Dresden Plate and the Turkey Tracks. I have a long way to go still.

I know that sampler quilts can have a theme: patriotic, houses, stars, goose flights, etc.. Did you ever make a sampler quilt? Any picture to show us?

kwiltkrazy 07-11-2010 06:48 PM

No, I have never made a sampler, but I am going to someday, it is on my list. I want to do a star sampler, with all different sized stars.

LoisN 07-11-2010 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a sampler that I made several years ago. I just wanted to try out some easy blocks to see if I liked the idea of making a quilt. Guess what? I was hooked. I machine quilted the sashing and hand quilted the individual blocks. Not too accurate, but the quilt police haven't arrested me yet. haha

craftybear 07-11-2010 07:47 PM

I want to make a sampler quilt

kwiltkrazy 07-11-2010 08:17 PM

Love your sampler Lois, it's so colorful.

Suzanne57 07-11-2010 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
I want to make a sampler quilt

Well, starting Aug 1, we're starting the Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt. Come on and join us!

Tippy 07-11-2010 11:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a sampler top I made.. I have a couple of others started. I didn't have it quite together when I took this picture.. the left side shows the sashing.

moonrise 07-12-2010 02:06 AM

I've got a pink and brown sampler top ready to be quilted, but I can't find the doggone thing. We've done some major rearranging in the house, and it apparently sprouted legs in the process. It's here somewhere. :roll:

I find myself getting bored quickly if all the blocks are the same, so sampler quilts seem to be perfect for me. :)

I considered participating in the Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt, but after glancing through several books on Amazon, I decided to go with Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts: The True Story Behind the Quilt - 140 Traditional Blocks. Just a personal preference. I don't know when I'll get to it yet. :lol:

Ada Shiela 07-12-2010 02:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Louise

Here is my first ever quilt made 1986, handpieced and hand quilted - no theme here, just a variety of blocks when I was learning patchwork sewing

donnajean 07-12-2010 02:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the 1st quilts I made was a sampler made when taking a class.

Originally Posted by Louise C
I am presently trying to assemble Eleanor Burns' sampler No.2 from her series on Egg Money Quilts. So far, I made the Dresden Plate and the Turkey Tracks. I have a long way to go still.

I know that sampler quilts can have a theme: patriotic, houses, stars, goose flights, etc.. Did you ever make a sampler quilt? Any picture to show us?

Sampler Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]78411[/ATTACH]