Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ideas for small projects to make for a craft fair (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ideas-small-projects-make-craft-fair-t86508.html)

brenda21 12-31-2010 05:14 PM

coasters..

NancyG 12-31-2010 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
I recieved a great gift for Christmas from a friend. She bought some cute fleece cut it about 9 inch wide by the link for the salvage to salvage edge. Then she cut the ends up to 3 inch x 1/2 to make the fringe. She embroidery it with the letter of my first name. I love it quick and easy.

Great idea! Did she hem the long edges or just cut and leave that way?

Oops, I just now saw the picture. Looks like she cut the length and left it that way, right?

lclang 12-31-2010 07:49 PM

table runners, hot mats, journal covers, book covers, coasters, candle mats, quilted post cards,

costumegirl 12-31-2010 08:01 PM

Tote bags, fabric hobo purses, novelty pillow cases, jewellry keepers, tea cozies, mini sewing kits, cell phone cases, needle kits, table runners, placemats and napkins, headbands for adults and babies

NikkiLu 12-31-2010 08:19 PM

how about those oven mits?

costumegirl 12-31-2010 08:28 PM

That's a good idea NikkiLu!! - especially if they are done in cute novelty fabric!

TN Donna 12-31-2010 08:29 PM

My grand daughter had me to make her a binder cover for her school binder--It was 1 1/2" and she loved it. I used tiger material as it was her favorite. Peace signs are really hot right now.

jaciqltznok 12-31-2010 08:52 PM

just please remember if using a pattern to make sure the designer allows the items to made for resale! MOST do not!
Even if it is a FREE pattern online, it might have restrictions. When in doubt always ask the designer!

One designer that I just love is Nancy Halvorsen! You know her ARt to Heart books...she allows to make up to 12 of EACH item in the book for resale! Those things sell fast too..especially out of the new Sew Necessary and Count on it books!

Kaye Wood also give a generous permission for her designs!

AND yes, if you use a purchased pattern like McCalls, etc. they have the biggest restrictions for resale out there!

Ramona Byrd 12-31-2010 09:09 PM

[quote=jaciqltznok]just please remember if using a pattern to make sure the designer allows the items to made for resale! MOST do not!
Even if it is a FREE pattern online, it might have restrictions. When in doubt always ask the designer!
-------------------------------------------
I was going to suggest pillows with children's favorite TV programs on them, SpiderMan and such. I don't think that would be doing wrong, I'll have to try to remember if I've seen them in craft sales. But this sounds like it's the Patterns themselves that are forbidden to be made in large amounts. Or any for sale at all?
Places where kids are allowed should have child friendly crafts near, but out of their reach so they will ask Mom for it.

sewwhat85 12-31-2010 09:10 PM

great ideas