Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If only I'd kept a record. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-only-id-kept-record-t103784.html)

jljack 02-28-2011 01:21 PM

I started a binder when I started quilting. But, over time, I have stopped putting everything into the binder. I do take pictures, though, and have at least one pic of every quilt I have made. One of these days (when I have time....hahaha) I will sit down with my computer and print out all the pictures and label them.

Tinabodina 02-28-2011 01:22 PM

Thank you for the advice. I have thought about it, but never really got there.

brushandthimble 02-28-2011 01:23 PM

And I don't always remember to take pictures:(
Two of my best work I don't have pictures of at all:(

mosaicthinking 02-28-2011 01:27 PM

Sounds like another excellent reason to have a quilting blog. It's easy and fun and your photos and records are available wherever you go :-)

PaperPrincess 02-28-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
Not long ago, I posted some pictures of quilts I had made. I had done pretty good with keeping records of patterns used, fabrics used, etc.; but the one quilt that a number of QB members wanted, I could not find. I'm still searching if anyone recognizes this quilt.

I was one of the folks who was interested in the pattern. I still go back to the original post to see if the info turned up!

I have some info on my quilts, but now i see I should keep better notes.

watterstide 02-28-2011 02:31 PM

my problem is, i didn't keep track when i first started quilting, maybe 6 years ago. i so wish i had pictures of my first quilts! many were raggedy quilts, but i put my whole heart in them!

and now that i do take pictures..it is when the top is finished..not after it is quilted and "really" finished.

Kappy 02-28-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
Not long ago, I posted some pictures of quilts I had made. I had done pretty good with keeping records of patterns used, fabrics used, etc.; but the one quilt that a number of QB members wanted, I could not find. I'm still searching if anyone recognizes this quilt.

That quilt is just wonderful. I too check back to see if the pattern turns up.

Lucy90 02-28-2011 07:49 PM

I started quilting about 5 years ago and kept a picture and information on all of them. I would never have thought to do this if my cousin didn't give me a quilt journal when I started. I also keep a journal and pictures on my computer and on a usb flash. It is nice to look back at quilts made and I can also see my progress.

JoyjoyMarie 03-01-2011 04:00 AM

By the time I have finished one of my little creations, I usually have become fond of it. So I happily take it's picture to put in my album, and jot down some notes about making it, where it is going, and if possible a snapshot of the quilt with the recipient. I like having this little record of what I've done, both for myself and for the future. I have my grandmothers quilts (one from each side) and wish I had a little more story about them.

chrisqlt 03-01-2011 04:36 AM

I've thought of getting a book made by Snapfish/Flickr of my quilts as a keepsake and rememberance since many are given away. If I do that I will get two and make a note in the second one who I am passing my personal quilts on to when I pass away. It will be easier for them to know which quilt I mean rather than a word description.