Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you had a request for a "neutral" bed quilt, what would that mean to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-had-request-%22neutral%22-bed-quilt-what-would-mean-you-t161358.html)

luvspaper 10-18-2011 10:21 AM

I want to make a quilt for our youth pastor and his soon to be wife as a wedding present. I talked with his mom and she said their home colors will be more "neutral".

I am thinking creams, tans, browns......any suggestions? I liked the "creme brulee" quilt that was posted and then gone..... but it was just two colors.

qbquilts 10-18-2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by luvspaper
I want to make a quilt for our youth pastor and his soon to be wife as a wedding present. I talked with his mom and she said their home colors will be more "neutral".

I am thinking creams, tans, browns......any suggestions? I liked the "creme brulee" quilt that was posted and then gone..... but it was just two colors.

Creams, tans, browns would be my guess.

ETA: what about doing a sampler with various shades of creams, tans, and browns?

hobo2000 10-18-2011 10:26 AM

You are right on target.Many different colors of white thru ivory, lt tan. They are beautiful when done. No Darks of any kind but some greys are used also.

Scissor Queen 10-18-2011 10:26 AM

I've seen some totally gorgeous neutral quilts. A friend of mine did the Eleanor Burns Night and Day in a dark brown and cream. Very striking. I've also seen a log cabin done with white on whites on the light side and white on creams and tans on the dark side.

Sadiemae 10-18-2011 10:55 AM

I agree with tans, creams and browns.

Deborahlees 10-18-2011 11:04 AM

Could also be the greys and or taupe ?????

plainpat 10-18-2011 11:11 AM

Creams,beige,off white & various shades of those colors.

Scissor Queen 10-18-2011 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees
Could also be the greys and or taupe ?????

One of the quilt stores in my area had a to die for taupe collection. That collection would make a stunning neutral quilt.

hobbykat1955 10-18-2011 11:49 AM

Agree...tones that go with any other color, beige, white, tan. I'd stay away from dark browns.

3incollege 10-18-2011 11:57 AM

Would it have to be Browns and creams? I thought any color that would be for anyone. Not wild or bold. That's my thought. But i'm only guessing.