Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you have a room for quilting..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-have-room-quilting-t48436.html)

Happy Tails 06-09-2010 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by Happy Tails

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
Billy, this is probably a dumb question, but at my age, I'm allowed those.........how did you make the opening for your machine in your table??

Sledge Hammer!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I cut an opening the same size of the treadles inside dimensions and I have wood "plates" that I can put in the hole so I can run different machines from Singers ,Whites, Kenmores, and even some industrials.

But the hole was cut with a Jig Saw and I used a drill motor to make the rounded corners before it was cut out.

Billy

Wanna come live with me and my 84 year old mother? :)

Okay!!!

Billy

Hurry up then, you need to get here on the 23rd because we're moving and you can help me with my 2 rooms. One is 14.1 x 11.9 (going to use that for quilting room) the other one is 10.7 x 12.7 (gonna use that for stash and supplies) So you can have 2 blank canvases ...... hurry!!! P.S. you'll love my dear little mother :)

betlinsmom 06-09-2010 05:21 PM

My sewing room is small, maybe 10'X11' and is painted a cheerful sunny yellow.I have 2 windows with cream and floral drapes , sheers and blinds. my hubby converted the double door closet to shelves holding most of my quilting and crafting books. I have 2 six feet tall book cases full of fabric and about 20 large plastic totes of fabric all needing to be tidied up and made presentable. I have track lighting to be installed and I have a too big desk that holds my computer stuff. My printer sits on my twin filing cabinets and my cutting/sewing table is a 5 foot long metal utility table. My third sewing machine sits in a chair and my stereo is on the top of a small book case. I have carpet on the floor that drives me nuts . My peg board wall holds thread racks and rotary cutter rulers, quilting hoops and tools like that. My floor frame is in the garage and I would love a space 4 times this size since The Rest of my stuff is strewed thru out the house! However I am very happy to have a space all my own and I dearly love every second I can spend here.

misoop 07-04-2010 06:48 PM

My quilting room is a very, very pale green...."tea stain" is the color at Lowe's....Valspar paint. I love it as it makes my room look light and airy since I only have one window. We put tile down in this room and it has this same shade in the tile.....very restful.

donnajean 07-05-2010 07:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My sewing room has "silk" look wallpaper - light mauve on 3 sides & floral on 4th. My floor is carpeted. I use a lint roller to pick up threads when I finish a quilt

Sewing room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82358[/ATTACH]

JACRN 07-05-2010 01:36 PM

Thats nice to know.

JACRN 07-05-2010 01:41 PM

Isew in my sunroom it is a burgandy like color. Ihave4 large windows and a door that let in much light

JACRN 07-05-2010 01:41 PM

Isew in my sunroom it is a burgandy like color. Ihave4 large windows and a door that let in much light

quilting1958 08-29-2010 07:12 AM

May I ask you the color of your walls. I love the color. I am 'reorganizing' my house and want to paint my 'quilt and scrapbook' room in this yellow. Thanks in advance