Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you have a room for quilting..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-have-room-quilting-t48436.html)

sandyl 06-05-2010 03:14 AM

If you have a designated room for quilting what color are your walls? I'm in the process of re=doing my room mostly because of the flooring. I have carpet in there now and want to go to hardwood or laminate. And I thought that before we do the floor, I will repaint. What color do you love for your room?
Sandy

luvstoquilt301 06-05-2010 03:23 AM

I would have a very pale green...it is restful and very pretty.

QuiltingGrannie 06-05-2010 03:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My room used to be a light blue but felt cold and I hated going in there to do my craft work or anything. I repainted it a muted yellow, not a real bright yellow, but a lovely warm yellow. I now love being in there (unless it's too cluttered lol).
I still have carpet in my room but would love wooden floors.

Have fun choosing. A 'new' room is wonderful!

My sewing room. Hope is shows the color well.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79716[/ATTACH]

sandyl 06-05-2010 03:50 AM

Eww, I love your room, Quiltingranny! So restful. I love yellow but the room faces the south and even with one window I've heard to avoid yellow. But I really, really like the color you've chosen.

no1jan 06-05-2010 03:51 AM

Sorry, I don't have my own room. I use the whole house!

QuiltingGrannie 06-05-2010 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by sandyl
Eww, I love your room, Quiltingranny! So restful. I love yellow but the room faces the south and even with one window I've heard to avoid yellow. But I really, really like the color you've chosen.

I do have blinds that I lower when the sun hits that room. It faces a bit southwest (more west than south) so the sun hits pretty hard in the afternoon.

Pam 06-05-2010 03:55 AM

My whole house is done in beige, laminate floors. I am so tired of beige. I painted my sewing room turquoise! White trim. When you go in there, you know it is different, you do not have to wonder.

I am in the process of cleaning and organizing due to new storage options, will post pics when done.

mygirl66 06-05-2010 03:57 AM

My room is "spring green" it has a very creative feel to it, its the one room in the house that is mine and I didnt want it to be traditional like the rest of the house.All the accents & shelving are in white.

saf45 06-05-2010 04:00 AM

my room is white with different color accents

Kathy N 06-05-2010 04:06 AM

I have a lovely basement woodgrain paneling from the 70's. My goal is to cover it with my design board 7' x 4' and pegboard to hold my sewing tools which will all be white. Then the rest of the ugly stuff I will cover with quilts. My husband offered to paint it white but I knew that is a project that would have delayed moving into the room for months....I didn't want to wait!