Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you have a room for quilting..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-have-room-quilting-t48436.html)

bj 06-05-2010 05:25 AM

DH just painted the house. He says mine are Coastal Plains (green). I've been in it since we painted, but couldn't remember which color ended up in there. I do remember that I liked it way better than the white that was in there.

Janetlmt 06-05-2010 05:37 AM

My sewing room is painted a light yellow with the trim painted ivory. I stenciled daisies and vines near the doors. The floor is gray laminate.

Chasing Hawk 06-05-2010 06:49 AM

The walls in my sewing room are painted with a color called Swiss Coffee.

Jim's Gem 06-05-2010 07:12 AM

My sewing room is the family room and I have blue with white cabinets, white sewing desk and white cutting table

Oh and oak computer desk.

dsb38327 06-05-2010 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
My room has no windows, so I painted it a really soft yellow. I have carpet & now wish I had wood... It would be so much easier to swifter all those threads lol But it's a basement & the floor was uneven - it would have been way too much work to try to level it :)

Thequilteddove: I realllly like your sewing room. I like the feel of being in a basement with no windows. Mirrors can work wonders with the 'feel' of no windows. I love how you do it and am trying not to be envious of the racks on the wall you have your batting in. So much space. I love that for you.
Sandyl, good luck on your choice. I will be excited to see it when you are all done.
Quiltinggrannie: Your room looks very nice. Almost too nice to clutter with sewing or crafts. Very pretty.

kathy 06-05-2010 07:31 AM

mine are white to reflect the light, the older my eyes get the harder it for me to see what they're looking at

stitchinfrenzy 06-05-2010 07:35 AM

I got bored with the light green I had for so many years so I painted mine a color that resembles canteloupe. I don't know if it was the color itself or just repainting, but my creativity soared and I always feel better when I'm in there.

MissyGirl 06-05-2010 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
My room used to be a light blue but felt cold and I hated going in there to do my craft work or anything. I repainted it a muted yellow, not a real bright yellow, but a lovely warm yellow. I now love being in there (unless it's too cluttered lol).
I still have carpet in my room but would love wooden floors.

Have fun choosing. A 'new' room is wonderful!

I LOVE that color! It is beautiful. Plus I am a sucker for flowers. Love those too!

Missy

Boston1954 06-05-2010 07:53 AM

My room is brown (paneling), but if I had a choice, I would want some kind of wallpaper. I really do not care for walls that are all one color.

thimblebug6000 06-05-2010 08:00 AM

Pale blue walls with white cabinets....but not alot of wall actually shows as I have wallhangings everywhere & a design board above some shelving.