Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you have a room for quilting..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-have-room-quilting-t48436.html)

thequilteddove 06-05-2010 04:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My room has no windows, so I painted it a really soft yellow. I have carpet & now wish I had wood... It would be so much easier to swifter all those threads lol But it's a basement & the floor was uneven - it would have been way too much work to try to level it :)

candi 06-05-2010 04:11 AM

My room is soft lavender, or is that lilac? Purple shades are supposed to promote creativity :)

brushandthimble 06-05-2010 04:22 AM

My room is a soft green, including the ceiling, I love it. Looked to post a picture but the walls look white in all the pictures.

CarrieAnne 06-05-2010 04:24 AM

Aw, your room is so nice! I dont have a sewing room yet, but when I do, it will be pink or purple. Something pastel, but cheerful! I would want HW floors too, but all our upstairs rooms are carpet too, and too expensive to replace!

tmg 06-05-2010 04:25 AM

When I had my sewing room it was a light wood grain paneling. I gave it up so my girls could have their on room. when I get it back I'm thinking of a light lavender or a mint green. It is a soft color and pleasing to the eye.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-05-2010 04:28 AM

QuiltingGrannie and Dove- your rooms are beautiful. Both lovely shades of yellow :) My sewing room is a soft white- I really like it.
I am such a wimp with paint colors- I've had some bad experiences :D:D:D

sandyl 06-05-2010 04:33 AM

WOW, Dove your space (bigger than a room)is to die for. Your walls look to be about the same color as quiltingranny's. I love the brightness! And the lighting you have is great. Thanks for the pics.

binthepink 06-05-2010 04:36 AM

My room has two hotpink walls. They are the ones I face the most when sewing because it makes me happy! I left two walls white where my design board is and what you can see from the hall. When I tell people about my pink walls they think I am crazy, but when they see it they like it.

deedum 06-05-2010 05:08 AM

My room has wallpaper, since we just bought the house recently, not crazy about the wallpaper, but I can hang alot of things on the wall. No one notices the holes then. It also has carpet, dislike the carpet totally! I think it is much nicer to design your own quilting room than to buy one. It is what it is. Happy to have a quilting room!

JudyG 06-05-2010 05:11 AM

Smart idea to get rid of the carpet before you make it your sewing room. That's the one thing I don't like about my room - the carpet, but it's so full of stuff there's no way I could get DH to move it all out and put down wood or laminate. My room faces southeast and it is painted yellow, with a blue and yellow border around the top. I absolutely love it. It's bright and cheery. Don't have a picture at the moment, but if I get a chance later today, I will take one.