Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   If you shopped at Joanns this weekend, how did you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/if-you-shopped-joanns-weekend-how-did-you-do-t110634.html)

SandraD 03-26-2011 04:29 PM

My original bill, before coupons, was 271.65....after....$135.88 for a total savings of $134.66. I got a Ton of fabric (23.5 yards total), several hand quilting threads and my husband got a couple cake decorating supplies (that's his hobby). I'm SO excited.

TonnieLoree 03-26-2011 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer

Originally Posted by quiltingal
I live about 20 miles from small Joanns store and went there they did not have the fabric on sale and would not honor it. I could have gone 28 miles the other way to larger Joanns. I emailed Joanns and told them they need to specify in there ad that it is only good at the larger stores. Need less to say I will not go to that Joanns again.

What? Someone didn't do their job ~ there are not different sales in differetn districts... it sounds to me like the Merchandising Manager didn't feel like hanging the sale signs or something ~ all JoAnn Fabrics have the sales!? (I used to be a merch mgr for them in a smaller store) Someone fed you a line of beans, corn & grits... I would be upset and call corporate and mention this to their DTL (district Team Leader aka the stores managers' boss). Sometimes when someone complains about something like this, a good DTL will give you a small gift card for your inconvenience. Be specific. I am not a complainer, but if management is not doing their job like this, the DTL needs to hear from the customer.

I am sorry you wasted your time and gas, hope you had a better day in other area :)

I concur

Since a computer keeps track of all the prices by SKU #, I thought it odd that their sales would NOT be national. Of course a computer could also adjust the price based on each store's id # if they wanted to but as for their sales flyers; it's a pain in the butt & big expense to make different sale flyers for different regions. Walmart can afford it but even some of their flyers state that merchandise may not be in all stores--especially at Christmas time.

It is also possible to over-ride the computer with Mgmt approval. :-)

fabric whisperer 03-26-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
It is also possible to over-ride the computer with Mgmt approval. :-)

Yes, yes, yes. If you question if something is on sale, they can check the ring-up price either at the register, or with the hand-helds too.

For the poster that had the question on the flannel not being snuggle: it sounds like someone mis-filed a quilter's or licensed flannel in with the snuggle flannels... but the Licensed prints (Dora, Superman, Hello Kitty, Kermit, Snoopy, etc but not sports teams) is on sale 50% this weekend, too... then the add'l 25% IS valid on top of that ~ I bought my husband's last 2 buzz lightyear prints last night, so now I can make his snuggle quilt.

I found a Disney "Cars" Cricut Cartridge on clearance... last one... yippee! planning on making a "Fillmore" card for nephew's hippie wedding :) So I saved $65 on that! Yay!

cindit 03-26-2011 05:27 PM

I am so frustrated! We just moved and I'm not gettingthe mailing anymore. I've re-signed up twice!!

dharen7 03-26-2011 05:42 PM

I went to two Joanns today and plan to go again tomorrow

TonnieLoree 03-26-2011 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by cindit
I am so frustrated! We just moved and I'm not gettingthe mailing anymore. I've re-signed up twice!!

I'm frustrated because I DO receive the fliers, but the nearest Joanns is 117 miles away! :hunf:

GrannieAnnie 03-26-2011 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by marknfran
I went there with a list of items NEEDED. Original price would have been 213.31 with an ending price with taxes for $97.98.....saved $115.33
Debbie Mumms fabrics were 50% off without coupon, so if you have the 25% off coupon good on everything, you get 75% off. I did get a few nice items.

If you do the math, you'll find out you only got 62.5% off. Still good though.

You'd have to get 50% off the second time to get a total of 75% off.

Still a good deal any way you cut it.

luvTooQuilt 03-26-2011 06:44 PM

I spent $94 and saved $142.. on notions and rulers !!!

luvTooQuilt 03-26-2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

I went there with a list of items NEEDED. Original price would have been 213.31 with an ending price with taxes for $97.98.....saved $115.33
Debbie Mumms fabrics were 50% off without coupon, so if you have the 25% off coupon good on everything, you get 75% off. I did get a few nice items.

If you do the math, you'll find out you only got 62.5% off. Still good though.

You'd have to get 50% off the second time to get a total of 75% off.

Still a good deal any way you cut it.

yea, they first take off the 50% then take an addt'l 25% AFTER the 50% was taken off.. Still not bad.. Ill take the savings!!

GrannieAnnie 03-26-2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by cmw0829

marknfran,
Did they give you 25% off the original price of the Debbie Mumms or 25% off the half-off price? The latter is how they always do it for me so I only get 62.5% off. (Nothing to sneeze at :lol: )

The Debbie Mumm fabric is listed as 50% off, so the gal that cuts the fabric records it at half the price on the ticket you give to the checkout gal. She then takes your 25% off coupon and deducts that off the price.

LOL, you're lucky, then, because the math is 62.5% not 75%. Their mistake----------your advantage.