Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm buying an old Viking #1+ !!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-buying-old-viking-1-a-t254700.html)

SueSew 10-03-2014 05:05 AM

I'm buying an old Viking #1+ !!!

So excited!!! It's a Viking #1+with all the embroidery!

I am going to get it tomorrow!

I was scanning Craigslist for a cheap embroidery machine for basic stuff, looking $300 or under, and for giggles I took a peek at the Viking and light dawned over Marblehead...why not get an old but high-end machine which embroiders, and quilts, and has all the bells and whistles that my basic Janome 3160 QDC doesn't have?

Yahoooo! Anybody out there have one?

Sewnoma 10-03-2014 05:11 AM

I don't, but congrats on your new toy!

rainbowzebra 10-03-2014 05:14 AM

I love mine, but do not do much embroidery. Would not trade it for anything. Sews like a champ.

ManiacQuilter2 10-03-2014 06:40 AM

Might have asked the ones that hang out in the "Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts" if it is an older DSM. Enjoy it.

Honchey 10-03-2014 06:46 AM

My sister has one, it's a real workhorse. every person I know that has one loves it..

nanna-up-north 10-03-2014 07:01 AM

Congrats.... Yes, I have one and I do love it. It does nice embroidery but I don't do a lot of embroidery. It is a workhorse and can pretty much do anything you want it to do. If you have any questions about the 1+, you can PM me and I'll try to help you.

SueSew 10-03-2014 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north (Post 6913693)
Congrats.... Yes, I have one and I do love it. It does nice embroidery but I don't do a lot of embroidery. It is a workhorse and can pretty much do anything you want it to do. If you have any questions about the 1+, you can PM me and I'll try to help you.

Thank you! I can't wait to get it home. DH and I are making an overnight of it as the seller is two hours away - doing a little leaf-peeping. But I know the minute I pick it up tomorrow morning I will want to go right home and try it out!

sewmini 10-03-2014 07:23 AM

You should love it if it works well. I was given one and have enjoyed it immensely. Maybe better than the new ones for durability.

DonnaC 10-03-2014 07:29 AM

A friend of mine has two of them... she keeps one set up for embroidery and the other for sewing. She loves the machine!

Shelbie 10-03-2014 09:29 AM

I bought one on Kijiji (Canadian version of Craig's List) from the DIL of the original owner who didn't know what she had. The machine had been living in a closet and she just wanted it gone. Most of the machine components were still in the sealed cartons so you know how much work it had done. I was just looking for a spare machine and have not yet tried to embroider except using the small plates that snap on at the front. I have 12 of them and so many stitches and alphabets that I don't know if I'll ever need the hoops and all of the other embroidery components. I do like the alphabets for making quilt labels.