Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm disappointed... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-disappointed-t163684.html)

Barb44 10-28-2011 05:10 AM

I only buy yardage. Precuts are too expensive for me. The first time I ordered from Connecting Threads I ordered the precut squares to see what the fabric was like. Now they are in my scrap box.

Kath12 10-28-2011 05:32 AM

I hadn't heard about this. I prefer yardage or fat quarters

Quilter2B 10-28-2011 06:56 AM

I prefer yardage but sometimes will pickup FQs if the color strikes my fancy.

Annaquilts 10-28-2011 06:59 AM

No I am dissapointed too. I have not bought any Bali pops or plan to buy any. I don't want to be limited to strips. I guess I will have a smaller selelction and only buy yardage if I need it.

Annaquilts 10-28-2011 07:01 AM

Most shops do not buy the whole line. Also I prefer cut by manufacture as the ones cut in the store tend to have more problems.

Originally Posted by Maia B
Well, any shop can cut and bundle their own FQs from the yardage. Now if you told me no more pops....WAAAAH!

nursie76 10-28-2011 07:07 AM

You are going to laugh at me, but I have purchased small FQ bundles because I liked the look of the fabrics together, but have yet to open one to use, cause never can decide what to do with just 5 or so FQ's. I even have the turning twenty books - all of them and have yet to crack open a FQ bundle. Just like to look at them...kinda like eye candy. Now pops or jelly rolls, don't have as much trouble opening and using them. (But the pops are eye candy too!) All that said, I would probably go for the yardage.

klutzyquilter 10-28-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
... that Hoffman is not coming out with any new FQ batik bundles. They're doing new Bali Pops, but not the FQs.

Am I the only one that is disappointed in this?

Or are their Bali Pops just way more popular than the FQs?

(I think the last time they did new FQ bundles was about two years ago.)

I've been looking at your selection of Batik FQ bundles and wishing for a larger selection of color families. Guess I better purchase what you have available now ... to meet my current need. Thanks for the info.

d.rickman 10-28-2011 09:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have purchased both FQ, bali pops and my latest was yardage from a lady on QB - which I just received, see my picture, I am so happy with the choices she sent - me nice variety. I will get purchase more from her - so nice to deal with and not expensive - PM me if you want more info.

Nantie 10-28-2011 09:14 AM

Batiks Plus does offer some batik fq bundles..i believe they only sell hoffman fabrics but I could be wrong on that. They do have some bundles of 20 on their website for around $47..I don't know if this would be of any help to you I just thought i would pass it along.

Favorite Fabrics 10-28-2011 09:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Moda just posted pictures of their February 2012 lines and Holly Taylor has a collection called "Sunrise, Sunset" which includes ... batiks!

And Moda does do batik bundles.

Here is a quick picture to give you an idea: