Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm Frustrated!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-frustrated-t70680.html)

Arleners 10-18-2010 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Honey
I use safety pins for my basting. They work great and don't come out like stick pins do. You also don't get jabbed in the boob every time you turn around!

LMAO - One time I was working with pins and somehow stabbed myself in the artery in my wrist! I wouldn't be able to do it again if I tried. I bled, had a huge bruise. That's when I went to basting spray

mable 10-18-2010 07:58 PM

I use safety pins for my basting also, i find that it works better for me. haven't tried the spray. lol
Mable, Alabama

JAS 10-18-2010 09:04 PM

May I add a bit "please test first" if you use a school glue, make sure it is not a colored stick..I used Elmers School Glue said washable and it was red(pinkish)in color, so was my appliqued back ground when I washed it..Oh,it finally washed out to a faint color after numerious hand washings..and if you donot point it out know one knows.. I only used a dab..hate to think what a full basting would of done. The plain white sticks seem to work & leave no stain that I have noticed.
JAS

lucyb 10-18-2010 09:19 PM

What are Pinmoors?

lucyb 10-18-2010 09:27 PM

Oh. That is what a Pinmoor is. Looks easy, but I have to agree, expensive. I wonder if packing peanuts would work for this?

Theresa 10-19-2010 01:54 AM

Have safety pins (curved) but never used them. They look like they will poke a big hole in the fabric. The pinmoors are interesting, but think I'll wait for the price to come down. Like the idea of packing peanuts from lucyb!!

auntiehenno 10-19-2010 03:47 AM

Pinmoors, what a novel idea!

Grann of 6: When I spray baste, i spray the batting, not the fabric. You mentioned your gold fabric, so I was unsure.

grann of 6 10-19-2010 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
Pinmoors, what a novel idea!

Grann of 6: When I spray baste, i spray the batting, not the fabric. You mentioned your gold fabric, so I was unsure.

Oh, yeah, me too. But the spray will still come in contact with the gold fabric when I stick it down. Anyhow it is all done now and the spray is back home.

BellaBoo 10-19-2010 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
They look great, but $19.95 for 50?? That's 38 1/2 cents each!That sounds awful expensive!

You get what you pay for in these. Self healing and they stay on the pins until I take them off. After I use them 38 1/2 times they will cost me 0 per use. 8-)

purplefiend 10-19-2010 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Theresa
Have safety pins (curved) but never used them. They look like they will poke a big hole in the fabric. The pinmoors are interesting, but think I'll wait for the price to come down. Like the idea of packing peanuts from lucyb!!

I use the #1 size curved safety pins and they don't leave holes in my quilts.