Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'm so new at quilting that I feel like I'm running out of time. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/im-so-new-quilting-i-feel-like-im-running-out-time-t109830.html)

Poodles 03-23-2011 11:16 AM

keolika: You have a busy schedule there!! I used too run all the time with ballgames, fishing and hunting and GPSing. I don't feel old inside but my body can't keep up with how I feel on the inside and my brain just don't function enough too understand or remember. Now you know I hate that I am admittig that my mind don't work right. BUT if I ever sit down to sew or just be here reading and typing, I get a hundred phone calls or 50 people knocking on the door and at night hubby keeps tv so loud that I can't remember what I am reading even though we are in two separate rooms. I hope you keep up with all the golfing and things you do and be here 100 years or more. Then I get to talk too you sometimes!!! On the news today they had a lady that just turned 119 years old. Now that is good!!!

Olivia's Grammy 03-23-2011 11:28 AM

You're funny. I have a 94 yo client and she told me she is running out of time and yet she keeps cranking out quilts.

Joyce Ann 03-23-2011 11:41 AM

I felt the same way when I started quilting. I wondered why did it take me so long to get going.

judyhh 03-23-2011 11:57 AM

whre do you find dq9?

judyhh 03-23-2011 11:59 AM

where do you find d9p? It sounds like something I'd like to try.

Anna.425 03-23-2011 12:04 PM

I know what you mean. We always say so much fabric so little time. That is true for someone who is 15 or 50. Just have fun.

joygross 03-23-2011 12:23 PM

I am so glad everyone is posting about this topic.. I am brand new, in fact justs finished my first project... I have a bit of stress thinking the same thing that I dont have enough time to get things done ... in fact I told my honey the other day.. that I hope I live long enough to get all the things done I want to do :)

saraaev 03-23-2011 12:45 PM

I hope this helps you ! After having given up all my hobbies while being crtiically ill for about three years ( and trust me, I have NO idea why I am still on this earth), I have recovered enough to be able to sew and quilt and design and make gemstone jewelry and move into a new home AND our oldest grandson graduates from high school in two months and I will be there ! So time lost, yeah, but I'm almost 69 and going for it ! Some may only get a table runner, but if it's all made with love, that's good enough for me. Just keep plugging along and you will accomplish what you need too ! Hugs, Sara

trolleystation 03-23-2011 12:59 PM

I'm 76 and have enough fabric to quilt until I am 96. When you retire, you will have the best time of your life.

j 03-23-2011 01:09 PM

I'm 77 and just started quilting, so dont fret, you have a lot of time left. -- J.