Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   inexpensive fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/inexpensive-fabric-t45016.html)

galvestonangel 05-08-2010 08:27 AM

I have bought a lot of fabric on ebay from Uptown Fabric. Their quilt fabric is limited (about 80 fabrtics) they also have polished cotton and every other kind of fabric you could want. I have never been disappointed in thw quality and best of all they offer free shipping. I usually get my fabric in 2 to 3 days.

wraez 05-08-2010 01:22 PM

wow, that 5bucksayard.com has some really great fabrics for great prices. I always check Kona Bay fabrics/prices first and they are only $5yd! What a deal!

Connecting Threads has quality fabric for $5.96 all the time, and close-out specials as low as $2.96 which are great for quilt backs.

thanks for sharing these links

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

galvestonangel 05-08-2010 02:02 PM

This is great! I have made a list of the places to buy good fabric for less. I am so glad I found this web site, I have learned a lot, and I am not a new quilter. Thanks everyone.

zz-pd 05-11-2010 09:39 AM

sorry I cant help. God bless. Penny

TanyaMas 05-11-2010 10:24 AM

ive been gettin more on ebay...
spent about $16 total after shipping for 5 great quality charm packs

craftybear 06-06-2010 11:35 AM

thanks for this information

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
step 1 is to set your per/yard price limit. i've noticed that there is a very wide range between individual members' definitions of the phrase "reasonably priced." what some consider reasonable i consider somewhere between highway robbery and downright obscene. they probably think i'm so cheap my skates won't roll. (they are right.) :lol:

step 2 is to go to fabshophop.com
even when there isn't an active hop going, you may find the list of shops that participated in the most recent online hop.

step 3 is to visit each and every one of those online shops.
when you search diligently you can and will find namebrand fabrics for as little as $2 per yard. (more often, though, between $3 and $4 per yard.)
don't be sucked in by the claims of "always 25% below retail", or other claims along those lines. the "retail" they refer to is usually in the neighborhood of $10 per yard. they are NOT offering you a deal. they are hoping you can't do basic math. :lol:
make a note of which have regular or clearance prices that are within your limit. you can build a list of favorite shops within your fabshophop member area. (as a backup, start a notebook. guess who has lost her list of favorite shops more than once because a computer got a case of the hiccups. :shock: )

when it's time to spend the $$$, start with your list. over time it will grow and your will save piles of money.

i'm off now to comfort my pennies. i've pinched them so hard and so often lately the poor things are bruised and boohooing. :lol: