Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Information about a TinLizzi18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/information-about-tinlizzi18-t170618.html)

quiltingwantabee 12-01-2011 11:47 PM

Information about a TinLizzi18

I am looking into getting a TinLizzi18 longarm machine. Does anyone know what is a good frame for this machine?

:pThanks for any help you gals can give me.

Rose Marie 12-02-2011 07:17 AM

I dont know what frame comes with a Tin Lizzi but I have an Imperial frame and it has a million screws and took the expert 6 hours to put togather. It is a nice frame but I wish it was simpler.

lisalovesquilting 12-02-2011 07:22 AM

Mine is on a wooden frame and it is fine for me. It's very sturdy and simple to use. You can also get a metal frame for the Tin Lizzie, but I don't know anything about it.

Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations 12-02-2011 07:34 AM

I have the wooden frame which I believe is called the Falcon frame that is one of the options in their packages when you buy the machine. The only problem I had with this frame is I have to go and purchase the metal conduit pipes for it and it was quite a task finding metal pipes that are really smooth for your machine to glide on. I ended up having to use a metal grinder to make the pipes smooth. If I had to do it again I would have upgraded to the metal frame which I believe is the Pheonix frame they offer. The frame itself is great and I have no problems with it or they way it functions, as it was just the metal pipes I had to buy where the problem.

mighty 12-02-2011 07:46 AM

I have the viking 18x8 think is is pretty much the same as the Tin Lizzy 18. I have it on the imperial frame and I really like it.

Gramie bj 12-02-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations (Post 4743174)
I have the wooden frame which I believe is called the Falcon frame that is one of the options in their packages when you buy the machine. The only problem I had with this frame is I have to go and purchase the metal conduit pipes for it and it was quite a task finding metal pipes that are really smooth for your machine to glide on. I ended up having to use a metal grinder to make the pipes smooth. If I had to do it again I would have upgraded to the metal frame which I believe is the Pheonix frame they offer. The frame itself is great and I have no problems with it or they way it functions, as it was just the metal pipes I had to buy where the problem.

I have the wood frame and got my metal rails from Home Depot in the fencing department. If I remember right they are called top rail, used on the top of chain link fencing. Had no problen with them , just wiped them down after cutting to length, carrage slides easily.

quiltingwantabee 12-08-2011 05:03 PM

Thank you all. I am looking at a package deal with a metal frame. I currently have a Grace Pinnical frame which is all
Metal. I have a Janome 1600P machine on this frame. I just want a larger quilting area.