Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Information about a TinLizzi18 >

Information about a TinLizzi18

Information about a TinLizzi18

Old 12-01-2011, 11:47 PM

Default Information about a TinLizzi18

I am looking into getting a TinLizzi18 longarm machine. Does anyone know what is a good frame for this machine?

Thanks for any help you gals can give me.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 AM

I dont know what frame comes with a Tin Lizzi but I have an Imperial frame and it has a million screws and took the expert 6 hours to put togather. It is a nice frame but I wish it was simpler.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:22 AM

Mine is on a wooden frame and it is fine for me. It's very sturdy and simple to use. You can also get a metal frame for the Tin Lizzie, but I don't know anything about it.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:34 AM

I have the wooden frame which I believe is called the Falcon frame that is one of the options in their packages when you buy the machine. The only problem I had with this frame is I have to go and purchase the metal conduit pipes for it and it was quite a task finding metal pipes that are really smooth for your machine to glide on. I ended up having to use a metal grinder to make the pipes smooth. If I had to do it again I would have upgraded to the metal frame which I believe is the Pheonix frame they offer. The frame itself is great and I have no problems with it or they way it functions, as it was just the metal pipes I had to buy where the problem.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

I have the viking 18x8 think is is pretty much the same as the Tin Lizzy 18. I have it on the imperial frame and I really like it.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations View Post
I have the wooden frame which I believe is called the Falcon frame that is one of the options in their packages when you buy the machine. The only problem I had with this frame is I have to go and purchase the metal conduit pipes for it and it was quite a task finding metal pipes that are really smooth for your machine to glide on. I ended up having to use a metal grinder to make the pipes smooth. If I had to do it again I would have upgraded to the metal frame which I believe is the Pheonix frame they offer. The frame itself is great and I have no problems with it or they way it functions, as it was just the metal pipes I had to buy where the problem.
I have the wood frame and got my metal rails from Home Depot in the fencing department. If I remember right they are called top rail, used on the top of chain link fencing. Had no problen with them , just wiped them down after cutting to length, carrage slides easily.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Thank you all. I am looking at a package deal with a metal frame. I currently have a Grace Pinnical frame which is all
Metal. I have a Janome 1600P machine on this frame. I just want a larger quilting area.