Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pictures of siggie blocks for your information

Here attached a few files for your better information how a siggy block looks like... enclosing also its Quilt finished size using these siggy blocks. My dream Quilt would be similar like that one, that I have crossed my fingers...:)))

Any questions... pls drop me.

Happy Quilting,

Nihal

Here it is the Quilt done with those tiny cute siggies. My dream it is as well, to be able to make like this one lovely Quilt...
    Name:  Attachment-132.jpe
Views: 525
Size:  63.3 KB

Another a few siggies sent from different countries...
    Name:  Attachment-1064.jpe
Views: 521
Size:  32.6 KB

A siggy block sent to me by my friend in the Netherlands.
    Name:  Attachment-67786.jpe
Views: 579
Size:  137.7 KB

wow what a great idea everybody has there own type of siggy block. Thats a great way to display them

Are those siggie blocks done by hand or printed on fabric I really want to eventually get into some fabric printing. And I have been checking out dyeing and marbeling. But first I need to get my hinny to the machine and get started with the basics. :?

I made one, but my camera cannot get close enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PJ
    Norah,
    Is that a Christmas on your block?

How beautiful. I thought that's what you were speaking of in the post. We should do that one of these days! But there is so much going on at the moment, maybe in summer??

Sharon

Sharon, I think we should, too. It would be fun.
    And PJ, yes, sort of. We have freezing weather for 9 months and possible snow here for about 6-8 months, so I figured my pine trees with a few stars would be fitting. MY $10 camera is showing that it is worth every bit of $10, so you can't see it good. It say my name and place, of course, then "trees, snow, sunshine, and mountains". That about sums up where I live.

I have a $200 camera and I can't get the pics to turn out for my handiwork the way I want. I need a camera with a self adjusting lense on it. This having to think and work at things like that take to much time, I want to quilt.

Know what I mean??
    Sharon

Norah,
    I tried to close up the pic with my photo program. There's to much contrast to get the thing to sharpen up. It's beautiful though, I did get to see the trees and stars. You talented lady!!

Sharon

PJ
    I think a siggy quilt would be perfect at Christmas with everyone's name and having everyone contribute a block. Of course the men wouldn't, but their wives and mothers could do theirs. You could teach your grandchildren how to do one and let them design it. Oh so many possibilities. I know want to do one. You could them pass it down and keep it in the family.

Thosa siggt blocks are done by hand or machine, it depends on you. No matter. But it takes only a few minutes if done by machine. As for the central area, ya can even write anything fun, or draw any picture, image what you want... either you can make any applique cute and tiny to place in the center. Use your creative mind and feel free how it to be the best on your own way.

Have a great day,
    Nihal

I'm late finding this are you still interested in a siggy block or to swap some 3 1/2" sqrs. ? You block is called a square in a square but what size is it ? Esther, Memawsaquilting in Alabama USA.. :) :-) :D Hope it isn't to late to hear from you

Norah...when I need a fairly good quality up close pic of a project (usually to email a wip pic to my sister or best friend) I use my full bed scanner. It normally does a really good job. If its a light color item and doesn't cover the whole area of the scanner bed I put a dark color (usually black) construction paper over the project before I close the scanner lid. Viola, instant up close photos. The "pics" can be cropped and altered through the scanner software program and used like any other jpg.

I really love the siggy quilt!! I think it would be a really nice teacher's gift at Christmas time. Luckily, we have a VERY small school...so I could get the gal in the office to send home a secret packet with a square to each mom and have her help the kids do their thing on the blocks. Send them back to the office where they could be picked up and assembled. Hmmmm...thanks for the inspiration...this will beat last years mini blackboard ornament with all the kids' names written in "chalk" (a white paint pen) and trimmed in ribbon, and lace all to heck!!!

Blog Entries
    very nice quilt