Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only crazy Quilter??

I think I have braindamage hopefully it is not catchy I have made a cow quilt complete with utters and it moos. everyone loves it thought I would share

top of cow
    Name:  Attachment-267.jpe
Views: 493
Size:  53.7 KB

bottom of cow
    Name:  Attachment-1940.jpe
Views: 491
Size:  56.7 KB

Oh my goodness! That is so adorable! Who did you make that for?

Did you have a pattern or just make this one up on your own?

It's so cute!

That is hysterical!!! Great job! I'm making a 'flat cat' out of this furry fleece stuff that leaves tendrils all over the floor when you touch it. (trying to figure out how to make it stop that)
    That cow made my day!

sue

This has to be the most creative quilt I've ever seen. I absolutely love it. I've also got a 'cow' quilt in progress. It's not nearly as cleaver as your cow.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Thanks so much for sharing!! :P

You may not be the only one, but you are crazy. That is the most original, cutest thing I ever saw. Does it really moo?

Oh, yeah. Cute foot, too! :D

Wow, that is really cute and creative! Haha...I really like this.

I made it for my siter-in-law the saying just cuze the cow don't milk don't mean you have to kill the bull My sister in law being the cow... so She became My Utter sister... I have been sending her cow for a few years now

I found a voice button ( thanks to a freind) at the place where you build you own teddybears they had a cow so she moos. The funny thing is when I shoud it to people few have tried to milk her. I Found a instructions for a paper cow I had two remove a couple of legs and make my own utters which took two tries but over all it worked out I think she will love it. Next is a crossword puzzle to be raffled off for a charity

Thanks for all the feed back and that is my real foot

Blog Entries
    i'll bet there isn't another quilt pattern anywhere else like that. slap a copyright on that sucker and make your fortune.

i'm so cheap my skates won't roll, but i wouldn't mind at all paying for a pattern like that!

i can picture that in a country kitchen. little cow placemats to match.

you are beyond talented. you put the oooooooooooooooooo in good!

Patrice is right :D You might have found your gold mine--its too cute! And you are soooo talented. Get your copyright and keep on spitting out those ideas, then when can sya we knew you when you were just a "crazy" quilter and look at you now, Miss Moneybags :lol: Do the placemats, it'll just be sooo right!

I think you quilt is utterly fabulous. How original. I also have a cow crazy sister. She must have over a 1000 cow things in her home. Shed kill for something like that. It great I realy love it . Like Pat said sick a copyright on now.

OH WOW that is sew great. May I copy it?!! My sister would just love it! I'm in agreement about the copyright! Does anyone have any advice on how one would go about doing that? I'd make a bunch to sell and then start selling the pattern or both, whichever. I'm so jealous of your creativity :mrgreen: .

WOW! Talk about different! Talk about creative! Did you make it for yourself?

Hey eveyone I am having it copyrighted I will have a pattern or a kit made up here in a couple of weeks. I have a lot of people asking for me to make them one. I never thought it would be so loved. My only problem is they don't have the cow print material where i bought it so I might have to use something else for the cows... :wink:

I love it!
    No cow print? Seems I remember an old rhyme about a
    purple cow....

:lol:

sue

I have been reashering the copyright thing.... it says the minute you creat somthing it is copyrighted but to help you protect it you should register it with the copyritgh office.

I was thinking i Could make all kinds of cow purple, blue, and rainbows...

They had cow material at Wallyworld last week. In two pattern sizes. For $2.00 per yd. Please let us know what process you have to go through for a copywrite. In case one of us has a brainstorm. :D

where do you live susan S
    I live in minnesota and I drove to Six aallyworlds before I found a few yards and it was tha last they had... I will keep everyone posted as I go but I guess it will take 4 months.

I'm in NY mine has it and also Joanns, They also have it in fleece.

I am in Montana. We have two walmarts that have a fabric dept. But, I guess they still plan to discontinue fabric. Just don't know when. Joanne's is still open and plans to stay I quess. They have fairly good sales. Not a large selection when it come to the clearance, but better than nothin I guess. It will be good news to the quilt shops around here I quess. easier for them to get their outrageous prices.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b1pegasus
    Hey eveyone I am having it copyrighted I will have a pattern or a kit made up here in a couple of weeks. I have a lot of people asking for me to make them one. I never thought it would be so loved. My only problem is they don't have the cow print material where i bought it so I might have to use something else for the cows... :wink:
    applique templates, of course. (and ... pssssst! you could charge more. don't tell anybody i gave you that advice, ok? they'll be at my house with pitchforks and torches!)

That's right One might not always be able to find Cow print fabric when they want it. Also what if I wanted a Purple cow? What do you think the odds are for finding cow print in Purple? :roll:

I Was raised In Montana (Butte) cool well I was busy this weekend adding an elephant and a tiger to the family. we will see how they work out. If i get any time to work on them I will post a pic for you all.. There are also a couple of others I have drawn out .

Really! where are you now. Tricia'squilts is in butte you know!? and my Mother -in-law. Did I say I was in Missoula? :-o

susan wow that is to odd... My girl child's name is Tricia. I have a step sister in Missoula. it is really pretty there i used to walk the path by the river.
    by the way I would like you all to know that betsy the cow has a new sister named ellie the elaphant. or I got an elephant done It is a bit smaller but turned out cute.I will put up a photo by this weekend does anyone know if I can put up another photo on this posting??? :evil:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast