Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I the only crazy Quilter??

Patrice
    I really have only been quilting for about a year and am not sure what applique templates are could you explain Please... are you talking about the spots for the cows ??? boy I hope I don't sound like an idiot...

I believe that the spots would be what she is refering to. Doing good for a newbie girl. I Don't believe there is a limit to how many pics one can post. As long as they are somehow related to the topic of quilting/sewing. You could e-mail Konstantin if you are in anyways unsure!

that is way cool. i love it.. you are soooo talented...

Yea they have a new foot bridge across the Clark Fork just West of the park and East of Russell St. And The trail goes way past the University. Someone told me it goes out as far as Clinton. They built a new addition to the Adams Field house. The Rolling Stones played there last Sep I think it was. We could hear them play all the way over by Lowell School/ScottSt. Bridge. Are you familiar?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b1pegasus
    Patrice
    I really have only been quilting for about a year and am not sure what applique templates are could you explain Please... are you talking about the spots for the cows ??? boy I hope I don't sound like an idiot...
    why does everybody around here apologize for asking questions? and worry about looking stupid? you know when i look the most stupid? when i not only won't admit i don't know something, but won't ask somebody who does. now that's 1st Class Stooooooooooooooooopid.

Pegasus ... when you ask a question you are displaying maturity, grace, a great deal of intelligence, and just plain commons sense. AND THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF US AROUND HERE, TOO. GOT IT?

end of lecture. class may go back to the playground.

Yes. I was talking about templates for the spots. "Template" is just a fancy word for pattern. Gives the makers an excuse to charge more for them. they're made in all shapes and sizes from any number of different materials. When used for applique, quilters trace around them so they know where to cut and stitch all the little pieces of fabric they miraculously turn into some pretty amazing stuff.

you've been using templates for all kinds of things since you were in kindergarten. maybe longer. you just didn't realize it. too busy having fun with them to worry about what they're called. which is a pretty smart way to operate, if you ask me.
    :wink:

I love it when Patrice says miraculously turn those little pieces into something! I call it a miracle if AI try to piece something and everything matches up! She makes it look EASY and I find it sooooo HARD!

I like to thank Patrice for the leson and letting me go back to play. you made my day yesterday and I learned something new I love that..
    thanks
    By the way I would like to thank you all for the feedback It helps to hear from people that don't know you (unbias opion).

Blog Entries
    you're both very sweet. but remember - you don't get to see it until after i've fought with it, taken it apart, put it back together, and had to go rescue the machine from the garbage truck 'cause i threw it out in frustration.

:mrgreen:

I did that to a Smith/Corona word processor. I actually threw it into the yard. Right out the front door. I don't have a temper!

I BELIEVE in Miracles :lol: Patrice You just hit it. Speaking of Q's (here's one. (you all can determine for yourselves whether or not it is stupid). I have a Singer, an old ZIG ZAG it's almost 30 Yrs. old. I bought it new in 1979 While I was cleaning it the other day (& oil of course, don't forget the oil!!) I tried to determine how one might go about lowering the feed dogs for free motion quilting. In all these years it never occurred to me to do so. I thought I'd give free flow a try. WELL I couldn't see any way other than to remove them completely. If I can get the screws out that hold them in place. See I've been sewing since I was 10 and don't know how to lower the feed dogs. Any Old Sewing machine buffs out there who might know something?

Most of the older machines (at that age) can lower the feed dogs, but some of them came with a plate that will snap in place to cover the feed dogs. If not, there are ways to cover them with out taking them out.
    We had quite a discussion about taht very subject. You can find it here.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/173.page

Happy quilting!!

Did we ever get a pattern or kit for this cute little cow quilt??? I still want one!

That is hysterical! I love it. Nice to see your toes are intact....no need for ransom there....well someone may try to rustle that cattle off your hands. Hope you branded it! :lol:

That's a riot! Love it!

Hi everyone I am just starting a new Job but I think I might have some time to start getting out the pattern.Just let me know who is intrested.

Hey for all that want to knows the toes are new I just got them and wanted to know how the looked, the cow just jumped in the pic :?

Opps I was just reminded we now have a bigger family. we now have an elephant, pig, colt,(or zebra) goat annnddddd hmmmmmm I think that might be it.

I did finally send my sister-in-law her cow she loved it

That is utterly adorable!!

Sew darn original! (I'm stll looking for inspiration in the old posts.

Hey, did anyone see the humor in it being an udderly adorable cow? How about that for your pattern name b1pegasus?

question: the quilt the baby in your picture is wrapped in - it looks almost like a butterfly? Or is just how the quilt folded around the baby? Or, if you can make a cow, you can probably make a butterfly too!

Sheesh -- there's one in every crowd!!! It's SOOOO cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

Love it! How did you make it moo??

that is too cute

kso
    You are warped! LOL Welcome to the club !!

ROFL that is tooo cute....I love cows. I used to collect them. Looks a little bit like "road kill" cow. I love it.

margie

Blog Entries
    l love the cow quilt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2