Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Input for quilt label please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/input-quilt-label-please-t299683.html)

GEMRM 09-20-2018 03:11 PM

Input for quilt label please

I've made a throw quilt for a young couple getting married in November. I haven't got a clue what sort of saying I should put on the label - any suggestions welcome!

DJ 09-20-2018 03:19 PM

"Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener."

LOL

Sorry, probably no help.

suern3 09-20-2018 03:26 PM

I don't put labels on all of my quilts but when I do, I usually say made especially for (blank) with love if it's family, by "my name" . Then the date and maybe location. For a wedding, I would add, especially for "couple's names" and date of wedding. I also put the name of the quilt on the first line, if it adds to the occasion. Just last week-end I stayed with my 9 year old GD. She proudly showed me her bed with the quilt I made for her 4 years ago. She then read me the label, so sweet. The name of the quilt pattern is "A Little Girl's Garden" and then the other info.

meyert 09-20-2018 04:32 PM

I don't know how you are making your label... but the last wedding quilt that I made I put the chorus from the couple's first dance at their reception. I put their names and date and then the lines from the song. They really liked that
I guess that only works if you know what their first dance will be :)

NZquilter 09-20-2018 07:11 PM

"Like your love, this quilt was made to last."

"Love is the thread that holds you together."

Macybaby 09-21-2018 05:32 AM

I rarely put any messages on my labels - just their names, wedding date and down below, pieced and quilted by . . .

redstilettos 09-21-2018 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by meyert (Post 8130402)
I don't know how you are making your label... but the last wedding quilt that I made I put the chorus from the couple's first dance at their reception. I put their names and date and then the lines from the song. They really liked that
I guess that only works if you know what their first dance will be :)

What a cool idea!

GingerK 09-21-2018 03:26 PM

I have started machine embroidering the label on the binding. I will put the bride's and groom's full names 'united in marriage on' the date and then made especially for you by and my name. One couple's had 'And so the adventure begins' on the invitation and I added that to the binding label. Another's also had a lovely saying which I added to the binding label but then went on to add two other sayings about love to each edge. The one I liked best was 'The greatest gift one person can give to another, costs nothing. It is Love.'

GEMRM 09-21-2018 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 8130364)
"Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener."

LOL

Sorry, probably no help.

Made me laugh out loud! And the young couple would see the humor in it as well, but my husband didn't!
Guess I'll keep thinking/looking!
Thanks for suggesting!

Grace creates 09-21-2018 04:39 PM

Love is patient Love in Kind Cor 13:7