Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Input for quilt label please

Input for quilt label please

I've made a throw quilt for a young couple getting married in November. I haven't got a clue what sort of saying I should put on the label - any suggestions welcome!
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

DJ
    "Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener."

LOL

Sorry, probably no help.

I don't put labels on all of my quilts but when I do, I usually say made especially for (blank) with love if it's family, by "my name" . Then the date and maybe location. For a wedding, I would add, especially for "couple's names" and date of wedding. I also put the name of the quilt on the first line, if it adds to the occasion. Just last week-end I stayed with my 9 year old GD. She proudly showed me her bed with the quilt I made for her 4 years ago. She then read me the label, so sweet. The name of the quilt pattern is "A Little Girl's Garden" and then the other info.
    Last edited by suern3; 09-20-2018 at 03:30 PM.

I don't know how you are making your label... but the last wedding quilt that I made I put the chorus from the couple's first dance at their reception. I put their names and date and then the lines from the song. They really liked that
    I guess that only works if you know what their first dance will be

Blog Entries
    "Like your love, this quilt was made to last."

"Love is the thread that holds you together."
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

I rarely put any messages on my labels - just their names, wedding date and down below, pieced and quilted by . . .
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by meyert View Post
    I don't know how you are making your label... but the last wedding quilt that I made I put the chorus from the couple's first dance at their reception. I put their names and date and then the lines from the song. They really liked that
    I guess that only works if you know what their first dance will be
    What a cool idea!

I have started machine embroidering the label on the binding. I will put the bride's and groom's full names 'united in marriage on' the date and then made especially for you by and my name. One couple's had 'And so the adventure begins' on the invitation and I added that to the binding label. Another's also had a lovely saying which I added to the binding label but then went on to add two other sayings about love to each edge. The one I liked best was 'The greatest gift one person can give to another, costs nothing. It is Love.'
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    "Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener."

LOL

Sorry, probably no help.
    Made me laugh out loud! And the young couple would see the humor in it as well, but my husband didn't!
    Guess I'll keep thinking/looking!
    Thanks for suggesting!
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

Blog Entries
    Love is patient Love in Kind Cor 13:7
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

Blog Entries

Wedding Quilt Labels

Quote Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
    I've made a throw quilt for a young couple getting married in November. I haven't got a clue what sort of saying I should put on the label - any suggestions welcome!
    Finally finished a batik wedding quilt/throw this past weekend. I put two labels on the back of a wedding quilt. And to personalize, I embroidered a heart with a monogram in the lower left-hand corner of the quilt top. All were embroidered with my Brother Quattro. Note, I used extra binding as an edge for the labels on the back. Here's photos of all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Pattiala; 09-25-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Look on Pinterest, lots of suggestions to put on a label.
    Pat M.