Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Instead of the Gypsy Sit Upon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/instead-gypsy-sit-upon-t100867.html)

debbieumphress 02-18-2011 11:07 AM

Great idea. I do Balance therapy and those are hard to stand on and not fall to my left, so I think sitting is more appropriate for me. LOL.

dreamer2009 02-18-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by np3
I liked the idea of the Gypsy Sit Upon, but didn't like the price. So I went to the sporting goods store and found this. It is for balance training but it is identical to the Sit Upon. I find that I can sit for hours sewing and not get a back ache or sore shoulders. I've started using it for long trips too. It was only $19.

wow...I lucked out and found mine in a garage sale for $1.00

dreamer2009 02-18-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Great idea. I do Balance therapy and those are hard to stand on and not fall to my left, so I think sitting is more appropriate for me. LOL.

ROFLMBO...I so get this Debbie...it's a brain thing.

np3 02-18-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

Originally Posted by np3
I liked the idea of the Gypsy Sit Upon, but didn't like the price. So I went to the sporting goods store and found this. It is for balance training but it is identical to the Sit Upon. I find that I can sit for hours sewing and not get a back ache or sore shoulders. I've started using it for long trips too. It was only $19.

wow...I lucked out and found mine in a garage sale for $1.00

Great! The purple quilting ones start at $35 and I've seen them for over $40.

AgapeStitches 02-18-2011 12:59 PM

ROFLMBO....I need to be quiet because I'm at the hospital with my Aunt, but i can't help laughing....I can just imaging a large quilting guild sitting on these things doing exercises at their sewing machines...if only you could see what's in my head...rocking to the rythym of the machine...My giggle box has turned upside down and my Granny would swat my leg and say hush up!

montanajan 02-18-2011 01:02 PM

Thanks for the idea - I have one for balance training - will now find a better use for it under my fanny for sitting.

np3 02-18-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by montanajan
Thanks for the idea - I have one for balance training - will now find a better use for it under my fanny for sitting.

Terrific!

Carrie 02-18-2011 01:21 PM

I have one for excercise; found it, dusted it of, and now have it on my chair. I think I'll get more use out of it this way.

np3 02-18-2011 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Carrie
I have one for excercise; found it, dusted it of, and now have it on my chair. I think I'll get more use out of it this way.

Practice sitting on different spots. And relax while sitting. My husband holds himself stiff and it doesn't work that way.

Carrie 02-18-2011 01:43 PM

Meant to say off. LOL It is feeling quite comfortable as I'm reading the board. Will be trying it at the sewing machine.