Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   International Round Robin, Round 2, discussion and pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/international-round-robin-round-2-discussion-pics-t11239.html)

jstitch 01-13-2009 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by JANW
Also, you need the seam allowance and that will make it 30 1/2 " finished.

Thanks Janw,

but let me clarify something..

30 inches finished = 30 1/2 unfinshed...

The finished measurement is what it will be when in the completed quilt..
Add your seam allowances to get the unfinished measurement.. or the measurment that it will be when you send it on...

JANW 01-13-2009 09:51 AM

I meant finished and out the door for that round. I'm not sure what the finished unfinished distinction is at this point, but you can tell me.

jstitch 01-13-2009 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by JANW
I meant finished and out the door for that round. I'm not sure what the finished unfinished distinction is at this point, but you can tell me.

The finished measurement is what it will be when in the completed quilt..
Add your seam allowances to get the unfinished measurement.. or the measurment that it will be when you send it on...

babeegirl 01-13-2009 10:59 AM

shouldn't it be 24" center=24.5", add 3" borders (3.5" unfinshed)=30.5" because you always want to end up with the .5" seam allowance? oh yeah, before I forget, what's the next round after the first 3" border? I have the flu/virus today and I'm all fuzzy headed.

sandpat 01-13-2009 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by babeegirl
shouldn't it be 24" center=24.5", add 3" borders (3.5" unfinshed)=30.5" because you always want to end up with the .5" seam allowance? oh yeah, before I forget, what's the next round after the first 3" border? I have the flu/virus today and I'm all fuzzy headed.

Well...at least you have an excuse today. I'm just dunder headed...I got all confused on the measurements.. AND I messed up on my mailings to the UK...so....I'm hanging my head in shame..... :( :( :(

Oh yeah...the next border should be 6" finished according to the original instructions.

SazuBMidlands 01-13-2009 03:06 PM

Sorry. I meant to put finished, but actually put the wrong thing and seemed to cause more confusion. Many apologies.

Elizabeth A. 01-18-2009 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone. I helped out and made Missi's second row. This one will be going to Janw and is all set to mail on Tuesday.

Sorry about the photo the colors of course aren't perfect (I tried it with and without the flash) Tell me how do the fabric stores do it? ;)

sandpat 01-18-2009 04:30 PM

It looks very pretty Elizabeth!!! I love your addition and boy...you are quick!

Missi 01-19-2009 09:55 AM

I Love it!!! Great job Elizabeth

Elizabeth A. 01-19-2009 11:59 AM

Thanks ladies, I hate that the photo makes it look like I'm color handicapped though. :( Handicapped yes, color handicapped that's just not fair. :lol:

I did try to close the gap so this last center could catch up with the rest of you. :-)