Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   International Round Robin, Round 2, discussion and pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/international-round-robin-round-2-discussion-pics-t11239.html)

jstitch 12-16-2008 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I have a general question....If the block you are working on has applique on it...and you'd like to add some applique with your border....do you have to use the same technique? Opinions please???????

In the guidelines, it was noted that you can use any technique.. just do your best work...

So, it is entirely up to you.. if you think it will add to the quilt.. go for it....

mixed techniques go quite nicely in a quilt...

Butterflyspain 12-16-2008 12:28 PM

Sazu, I am in Chatham Kent, soooo cold. We have to catch the flight this morning and I mean early morning 3AM, so its going to be horrible driving we have had a lot of fog too.

Can't wait to get back to Spain, don't think I will ever moan about the spanish weather again. LOL Yes you can come back with me, willing to get up at 3am, but you gotta hurry and pack. LOL

Elle

sandpat 12-26-2008 07:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
OK Terri, here is my addition to your center. I hope you like it. There is still quite a bit of the white space left for you to quilt on

Terri's Round - it is showing up more blue..just like your pics. Its really lavenders and purples
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23975[/ATTACH]

Terri's
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23989[/ATTACH]

purplemem 12-26-2008 08:44 AM

Wow, Patti, That is UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL. :shock: :shock:
You did an awesome job, I know Terri will be proud. :D

beachlady 12-26-2008 11:34 AM

Beautiful Sandpat!

tlrnhi 12-26-2008 01:30 PM

Ummm Pat? I hate to tell you this, but I don't like it.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!
It's gorgeous!! Beautiful! OMG!!!
I cannot believe how beautiful it is!
Thank you soooo much!
Don't know how anyone is going to top that!

Butterflyspain 12-26-2008 03:21 PM

Absolutely gorgeous and stunning

Elle

sandpat 12-26-2008 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ummm Pat? I hate to tell you this, but I don't like it.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!
It's gorgeous!! Beautiful! OMG!!!
I cannot believe how beautiful it is!
Thank you soooo much!
Don't know how anyone is going to top that!

:oops: :oops: I'm blushing but I'm soooo happy that you like it. Of course I did run into your center dimension like I said I was going to. With only the 3" to work with....the effect just wouldn't have worked I don't think. I just added some more color to it so the next person in line will have even more fun working with it! I think you will like your quilt when you get it back..but you know it did start out pretty darn good :lol:

SazuBMidlands 12-26-2008 03:55 PM

Oh WOW! Thats amazing!

tlrnhi 12-27-2008 10:23 PM

I just think it's beautiful! I just showed Lauren and of course, what did she say? I WANT THAT!! lol