Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Isacord Thread - Does it sew up shiny? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/isacord-thread-does-sew-up-shiny-t209618.html)

pumpkinpatchquilter 12-30-2012 05:38 AM

Isacord Thread - Does it sew up shiny?

I just received four of the 5,000 yard spools of Isacord thread as a Christmas gift (thank you family!!! yay!!!) and I am curious...does it sew up shiny? It looked shiny in the pictures online and it's a little shinier than my other thread on the spool. I have used the Coats & Clark embroidery thread from Jo Anns and it is REALLY shiny...has anyone used this thread and can you give me some insight? Thank you!

PaperPrincess 12-30-2012 05:59 AM

Yes, isacord is a poly thread that is often used for machine embroidery. As with most poly threads it is shinier than cotton. I just looked at a spool of isacord and c & c and it seems a bit less glossy, but embroidery threads are designed to be seen, so they reflect the light.

Little RoO 12-30-2012 07:17 AM

Hi I use Isacord all the time, but smaller reels and I find that it sews out beautifully...it has a slight sheen but is not over shiny...the only comment I would make is that it splits when trying to thread the needle, once threaded there is never a problem so I tend to use a metallic needle to make my life easier as it has a bigger eye and has made no differene to the finished designed...I'm sure you will become a fan...I have about 100 reels and there are so many beautiful colours I don't have !!!!

tutt 12-30-2012 07:46 AM

I bought some Isacord and my Bernina does not like it at all. I loved the colors and the weight of it but I think my machine is persnickity and I went back to Aurifil.

Skittl1321 12-30-2012 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by tutt (Post 5749682)
I bought some Isacord and my Bernina does not like it at all. I loved the colors and the weight of it but I think my machine is persnickity and I went back to Aurifil.

Weird, Isacord is one of the threads Bernina recommends with their machines. Bernina's website even has a coupon deal on it right now.

I personally like Isacord- and yes, it does sew up shiny.

Quiltngolfer 12-30-2012 10:09 AM

My Bernina loves Isacord. I use it all the time for embroidery. They say it is very good for quilting too.

Traditional 12-30-2012 10:30 AM

Bernina loved Isacord so much they bought half of the company.
Are you using the top quality needles and changing as suggested by your dealer/ manual?
I have never had a complaint about Isacord. Hope you can find the answer.

Sunnie 12-30-2012 10:54 AM

I use Isacord almost exclusively on both my Baby Lock and Janome. I love it, especially the little bit of shine on my quilting. I learned about it from watching Leah Day's videos.

dash2000lbs 12-30-2012 11:02 AM

I used Isacord all the time on my Bernina (I have 2 machines) .... Maybe ur machines needs a tune-up...