Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Back!! Virtual Quilt Day will be on Sunday 1/20 - Are you ready?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-back-virtual-quilt-day-will-sunday-1-20-you-ready-t211194.html)

athenagwis 01-18-2013 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 5793322)
II'm in the process of unsewing my apple blossom quilt and turning the diamonds around because I didn't like the way I pieced it with the solid center. I want to finish it on Sunday.

Ugh my least favorite thing to do!! :) :) I hope you can finish it!! Can't wait to see pics. :)

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5793419)
Shoot! We are going out of state this weekend and won't be back until late Sunday.. . Pooo! I was just thinking about the VQD earlier this week and thought maybe it would get me out of my slump. I haven't done any quilting since right before Christmas. I did clean my quilting room and sorted out some fabrics to donate but that is the closest that I have gotten to quilting in a while. I'll probably have to blow the dust off my machine when I finally sit down to do something quilty!

Awww bummer!! Be sure to check in though as I will post the date for February at the end of the day. Hopefully you'll be able to make that one!!

Originally Posted by nhweaver (Post 5793682)
There is a big football game that day - but I will join you until the afternoon - husband is going to a rally in the am then he is having a man's football party. the wives are having dinner out at the beach and then to the movies. I will put in a couple of hours of quiet sewing while he is gone. I will be washing fabric tomorrow for some quilts for kids - so I have some new to do. I am so tired of finishing one UFO, but I am 90% finished with the blocks, and tomorrow, I am finishing the blocks. come Heck or high water (or snow).

Yeah there is!! Go Pats!! :) :) We don't have cable, so we can't watch, but we will be rooting them on for sure!!

Cheers!
Rachel

nycquilter 01-18-2013 05:53 AM

I plan to quilt all day on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I will try to remember to check in. I may not because of that awful CRAFT disease I have.

wc00007 01-18-2013 01:48 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun.

DOTTYMO 01-18-2013 02:45 PM

Do we quilt our own thing and just log. On periodically to show how we are progressing? Never done this before.

kristakz 01-18-2013 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 5795667)
Do we quilt our own thing and just log. On periodically to show how we are progressing? Never done this before.

Yep, that's basically it. Quilt all day on any project(s) you want, share progress as you go along, and have fun! Or, as some of us do, start reading the thread, get all caught up on the computer, and get nothing done all day :)

nhweaver 01-18-2013 05:14 PM

Go Pats Go!!! From an exPATriac!!

Originally Posted by athenagwis (Post 5794280)
Ugh my least favorite thing to do!! :) :) I hope you can finish it!! Can't wait to see pics. :)

Awww bummer!! Be sure to check in though as I will post the date for February at the end of the day. Hopefully you'll be able to make that one!!

Yeah there is!! Go Pats!! :) :) We don't have cable, so we can't watch, but we will be rooting them on for sure!!

Cheers!
Rachel

Mariposa 01-18-2013 05:22 PM

I'll check in during the afternoon. After church and lunch. :)

DOTTYMO 01-19-2013 12:05 AM

Okay looks exciting. I joined in new year day and enjoyed the experience. Not going to church as England is covered in snow and as we are so brilliant t coping( tongue in cheek) with it. Whole country amber alert and roads blocked so no 30 mile trip. The thread is staring earlier than new year day so thank you US for getting up early.

Jusmom01 01-19-2013 02:40 AM

I will try to get on board, but can only do so if I can manage to clear off the paperwork on my cutting table! I'm drowning in it, but I really do need to get started on the quilted pillow to match the quilt I made my dad for Christmas!

QultingaddictUK 01-19-2013 03:13 AM

What a super idea, we are snowed in here in Anglesey and with the ice and sub-zero temperatures I am not risking going out, so having a quilting weekend is a super idea. I am working on Sasha's quilt http://www.lovequiltsuk.com/childquilt.php?qid=421 for LovequiltsUK.com so I will post pics of my progress throughout the day. With the backing of the VQD I may even get it finished by Sunday evening which would be great :)