Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Important to Pay Attention When Ordering Online (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-important-pay-attention-when-ordering-online-t107656.html)

luvspaper 03-14-2011 01:30 PM

editted to add: Since the original title was editted -- I was referring to Hancocks of Paducah. I suppose a moderator can edit this if it is out of line to post the actual store. I see store names all the time out here -- both good and bad, so I am not sure why this got editted. And no where online does it tell you that sales prices will NOT be used if you put in a catalog source code.

Do NOT put the source code in if you have a paper catalog. If you do, it will refer back to the original (higher) pricing in the catalog. I seem to remember that on my order screen it stated the correct sales price, but when I got my order today, the total was the NON-discounted pricing.

The lady at H-P did credit my CC with the $8 difference, but I wonder how many people don't notice it and they think they are getting the sales price...and by the time they look at the CC bill, they don't remember what it should have been.

So beware.....

lisalovesquilting 03-14-2011 01:31 PM

Thanks.

grann of 6 03-14-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by luvspaper
Do NOT put the source code in if you have a paper catalog. If you do, it will refer back to the original (higher) pricing in the catalog. I seem to remember that on my order screen it stated the correct sales price, but when I got my order today, the total was the NON-discounted pricing.

The lady at H-P did credit my CC with the $8 difference, but I wonder how many people don't notice it and they think they are getting the sales price...and by the time they look at the CC bill, they don't remember what it should have been.

So beware.....

Good to know. Thanks! I have ordered from them just twice and both times were sale items, but at least one item on each order was backordered. It seems when you look at the sale stuff online a lot of things are on back order. Why don't they just say out of stock? I am also not too crazy about all the packing tape on everything, made my jelly rolls fray like crazy when I took the tape off.

ghostrider 03-14-2011 01:36 PM

Probably because the sale price code from the catalog expired on February 5th as stated right beside
it.

Rumbols 03-14-2011 01:38 PM

Thanks for letting us know.

luvspaper 03-14-2011 01:38 PM

I got a set of 15 fat quarters that was packaged nicely...no packing tape on them. So I am pleased with what I got, just thought it was strange that their computer sales program is programmed to go back to higher prices. I would think they would want to tie the catalogs into the internet sales and know who bought from them regardless of the pricing...but I guess not.

I can honestly say, I won't put the catalog source code in unless the price online is more than the sales price!

luvspaper 03-14-2011 01:45 PM

But the material I got on sale wasn't even in the latest Catalog that I could find anyway! I looked because online it only showed 2 out of the 15 fat quarters (the picture also showed materials that weren't batiks). I actually found a picture on another fabric sales site to have a guesstimate of what I was ordering.

And I wasn't expecting to get the special 10% off from the catalog. I knew that had expired. So there was not a sales price on this in the catalog.

Obviously those who have ordered before know the secret LOL! I've ordered a lot of items over the years online, both fabric and non-fabric, and have NEVER had a price online revert to a higher price after purchasing! It's just strange programming....

thepolyparrot 03-14-2011 02:02 PM

It's kind of like when you buy a bunch of stuff at Joann's - the computer applies your coupon discount only to items which aren't on sale.

A lot of places won't discount sale prices, but if I remember correctly, fabric.com is one that applies your discount coupon codes to everything you buy whether it's on sale or not.

lots2do 03-14-2011 02:05 PM

And, I really appreciate that if you spend $35 on fabric.com and qualify for free shipping and then use a sales code (15% off), you still get the free shipping.

Mousie 03-14-2011 02:08 PM

If I am understanding correctly, bc I just got my very first ppr catalog, today...don't use the source code, if I order online.
okie-dokie!
Yes, some of my fabric was back ordered too, but I'm happy it is still coming. thanks for telling us this! :D