Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's a Mystery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-mystery-t55328.html)

chance 07-22-2010 05:09 AM

I usually find things when I stop looking for them. I look too too hard. (Maybe that neatly folded muslin slid off the shelf (table) and is hiding behind it, either wedged in or on the floor). (Or folded up inside another piece of fabric.) Happy hunting

grammyp 07-22-2010 05:10 AM

I know where it is! It ran off with the 15 yards of sheer fabric I bought for my living room and now can't seem to locate.

Derla 07-22-2010 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
I if put thing in a neat order the I can never find anything. That's may story ane I sticking to it.

It seems that any time I try to straighten up a cupboard, if I move anything from it's messy place - it is no longer findable. I just don't dare move anything. If I move anything to keep it safe or hidden from someone, it is very safe and hidden from me also. My DH had his birthday July 10 - I was so "on top of it" and bought his BD card early and hid it - still haven't found the darned thing.

bob1414 07-22-2010 05:32 AM

Look under all the beds!!

MeMeX8 07-22-2010 06:08 AM

My husband bought a quilt kit a few years ago (to many years to count) and I knew exactly where it was hidden and in what drawer. Well I rececorated my sewing room couple of years ago. I remember moving that kit. Went looking for it last week to finally make it. That little jewel is no where to be found. I keep thinking it is somewhere that it can see me and laughing histerically as I search. Thats what I get for trying to improve my space.

Sandra-P 07-22-2010 06:35 AM

Funny, just this morning I found some muslin in my stash. Where it came from I dont know. It is not washed, now that is really strange as I make a habit of washing fabric as soon as I bring it in the door. Could it be yours? It is at least 4 yards....

Nanjun 07-22-2010 06:56 AM

I did that with my frog material. Looked high and low for weeks. For sheer desperation I went thru all boxes and cabinets one more time and there it was in a clear plastic bin was my material.I posted a picure a while back of the quilt.
Good luck with your muslin.

iltoaz 07-22-2010 07:03 AM

I have to admit that Santa has left some Christmas gifts in unusual places!!! lol!!

tryitall 07-22-2010 08:16 AM

I am a searcher. My sewing room is really small and it has to compete with my computer and card making, so things get pushed into every little nook and cranny. After I have searched until I have lost my mind, also, I just give up and one day I'll find it and think, "Now what was I going to do with this?"

nursie76 07-22-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by NCquilter
Happens to everyone. I usually have that trouble with Christmas gifts. I hide them and can't find the darn things when its time to wrap them. lol

Oh my! Me too! My family jokes that there is always one of them whose present gets lost. :shock: The kids all have birthdays in January and February and always joke that "Well! I guess you know that you will get at least 1 present for your birthday! :lol: "

My fabric and such, also seam to take a notion to go on a walkabout just when I need them most! Hope you find your fabric soon! I know how frustrating it can be!