Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Saturday - What are you sewing today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-saturday-what-you-sewing-today-t146510.html)

totosmom 08-21-2011 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bev

Originally Posted by totosmom
Well, it's Sunday now, ... Earlier this week it looked like this.

Love what you use to add height to your cutting table!!

:lol:

Thanks Bev. Those coffee cans really do help. They raise that table just enough to ease my back. I didn't think they would take the weight of the heavy oak top, but they have served me well for at least eight months. It's amazing the ideas you can get when you take a class or two.

melissa Dove 08-21-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Just Me...
No quilting for me. I fixed a hem on some pants, sewed some buttons, made ANOTHER welding cap and tacked a shirt that kept sinking a little low and offering everyone a free show! LOL

Like many I didin't actually get to do fun sewing but I was sweeping ou the garage and generally tidying up when I realised( like you) that if any one had cared to look they too would have got an eyeful.... I really have to slim down or bin that low cut t shirt .LOL

Dolphyngyrl 08-21-2011 07:32 AM

cutting out the fusible interfacing for my best friends wall hanging

WMUTeach 08-21-2011 08:12 AM

Well, I am reading this on Sunday after church and I did not sew yesterday, but I did pick up and do a little organizing in my sewing room to I could be ready when I can return to the machine, cutting mat and iron. From time to time I just need to stop, clear the clutter from previous projects and then resume quilting.

arimuse 08-21-2011 08:17 AM

painting doors in my sewing rm today sharet

Miss Priss 08-21-2011 08:19 AM

Well, it is Sunday and I just now got the quilt forum. It is always a day late for me. ?????

sailsablazin 08-21-2011 08:42 AM

Jan in VA...my thoughts are with you. Hope that all is all right.
Those that lost their MIL and mother, I am so sorry..be strong knowing that she is not in pain anymore.

As far as quilting, I bought more fabric (those darned Joanne's coupons)...machine is getting cleaned and oiled for FREE and I just can't seem to get off this board. Our son is home (haven't seen him in a year) so enjoying every minute. Will get back to those quilts when kids get back to school, I hope.

lillybeck 08-21-2011 09:21 AM

I am reading this on sunday but, on saturday I sorted some projects I need to get done and made note of what I need for them.

mim 08-21-2011 09:30 AM

I'm curious -- what is a welding cap??

Originally Posted by Just Me...
No quilting for me. I fixed a hem on some pants, sewed some buttons, made ANOTHER welding cap and tacked a shirt that kept sinking a little low and offering everyone a free show! LOL

sandwich child 08-21-2011 09:30 AM

I didn't find this until Sunday noon. But yesterday I decided to begin my very first hand tied quilting project. So I dragged all my "stuff" out to the gazebo and 3 hours later I had finished tying all of 10 blocks! This was very difficult and HOT under that quilt.