Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/its-virtual-quilt-day-today-sunday-january-20-2013-a-t211464.html)

annthreecats 01-20-2013 12:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It's mug rug day here for the swap and I'm making two for my partner.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389479[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389480[/ATTACH]

mtngrl 01-20-2013 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Both side borders quilted and sewn on, just doing the hand stitching QAYG. on the back, then another line of hand quilting on top. May not get the end borders on today..

mtngrl 01-20-2013 12:42 PM

I agree, a like button would be great!!

quiltingme 01-20-2013 12:55 PM

tatavs01,
So sorry about your arm - hope it heals very quickly - take care!

quiltlady37 01-20-2013 12:57 PM

Wishing I was sewing something fun. I am so short,everything I buy has to be hemmed. Will be working on some jeans and also some long sleeve shirts. I quilted all last week. Put the last blocks on a quilt top that I have been working on off and on for over a year. It is a quilt by Marti Michel and has the Wild rose Fabric by Moda in it. I used her templates. Never, never, never again. I hated them.

sewdamncute 01-20-2013 01:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Everyone is doing great...Dottymo, that would have taken me a week! Its lovely! I did finish the bag, but I got held up when I Ironed the fusible TO MY BIG BOARD!!!! Grrrrrr. I'm such a dope! Off to start my block project, will check back in later...keep up the good work everyone![ATTACH=CONFIG]389490[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]389491[/ATTACH]

tatavw01 01-20-2013 01:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
thanks for this wonderful VQD this what I did even with a hand in a cast

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389493[/ATTACH]this became
this, just have to put together and finish. Had to stop my hand is aching a little thanks again.

copequilts 01-20-2013 01:08 PM

Just taking a break from cleaning up my studio, and came upon your day "project". I've nearly struck desktop on my desk, and will dedicate my evening to Block number 11 of Elegant Garden by Laundry Basket Quilts (Edyta Sitar). Have 15 blocks done. If I can finish this one today, I'll be happy. On Thursday, leaving for a Retreat with 8 friends. Of course, we are going to northern Indiana, and the forecast is for freezing rain. Hope it holds off until we are installed at the Inn at Windmere in Auburn. Hope you all have a great day!

TerrimB 01-20-2013 01:11 PM

I'm reading about quilts and looking at pictures... does that count? my 4yr old twins have taken over the living room there are houses and little people everywhere...and that's where my hand quilting project is. I mostly work on it in my lap in the evening watching tv... after they've gone to bed. ;)

nycquilter 01-20-2013 01:14 PM

checking in again. I finished quilting the quilt, squared it up, attached the binding that was waiting, and started sewing the binding down. I stopped because I didn't like how I'd pinned it and wanted to re-pin. I finished that part too. Then, DH put the game on pause and we came down and prepped dinner. I will head back up to finish sewing the binding. Not sure if I'll be able to turn and sew it down by the end of the day.