Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I've come a long way, baby! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ive-come-long-way-baby-t209866.html)

Quiltngolfer 01-02-2013 10:37 AM

I agree. This Quiltboard has become like a dear friend to me. I read every morning while I drink my coffee. I also drop in throughout the day when I have a few minutes. I have learned so much from reading and looking at photos here. Thanks to all!

Jingle 01-02-2013 10:52 AM

Although I have been quilting about 45-46 years. I have learned alot more about quilting since I joined this board. I am amazed at the very knowledgeable people on here. They all seem very willing to share their knowledge and experience. I hope I never get too old to learn more.

DeneK 01-02-2013 03:59 PM

Can't agree more with all that has been said. Love, Love, Love this board.

barny 01-02-2013 04:14 PM

You know, when we get old [83] , people whine and moan about being bored. Not me! All they have to do is get on here and read and learn. We still work and I don't have a LOT of time, but what I have, I love to get on here. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. I love this place!

liking quilting 01-02-2013 05:30 PM

Connie, I'm right there with you! Started on my quilting journey 16 months ago, thanks to the Quilting Board. Without all of you, I would not have had the courage to jump in. Soooo glad I did! I'm finding myself each time I create a quilt too and choose a new pattern each time to stretch my limits and learn new skills. I'll never learn enough!

wishfulthinking 01-02-2013 05:37 PM

This board is the first place I come whenever I have a question, problem, or just something to research about quilting.

GailG 01-02-2013 06:06 PM

Awesome! I sent you a PM.

EllieGirl 01-02-2013 06:23 PM

I completely agree! I've been quilting for three years and learn so much on here! Everyone is so supportive and helpful! I wouldn't have progressed as well without the help of people on here. I've challenged myself because of encouragement from fellow quilters. If someone would have told me three years ago I would be doing FMQ I would never have believed them!

RedGarnet222 01-02-2013 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 5757121)
Although I have been quilting about 45-46 years. I have learned alot more about quilting since I joined this board. I am amazed at the very knowledgeable people on here. They all seem very willing to share their knowledge and experience. I hope I never get too old to learn more.

Although I haven't been quilting quite as long as you have, You are singing my song sister!

coopah 01-02-2013 06:31 PM

This is my "go to" place for help, encouragement, learning, sharing, and just being part of a nice group. Our moderators take excellent care of us by making sure everything is friendly and within acceptable limits. It's a nice place to visit and learn. YAY!