Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I've come a long way, baby!

I've come a long way, baby!

I joined the QB Dec 2011. In the year that has passed, I have progressed from a novice quilter to a capable quilter. I have read the daily posts most every day, posted threads when I was lost, taken classes, bought and read books, did several "practice quilts," and attended monthly meetings at my LQS. I have immersed myself in quilting. It has been a marvelous year for me. I have been sewing since age 8, am an experienced sewer (Home Ec degree, also), have conquered many crafts, but I think I have finally found myself in quilting. I regret that I have come to it at such a late stage in life ( I am almost 61), but finally have the sewing room of my dreams, a DH who encourages me, and the backing of a sincere Quilting Board to learn from, ask questions and receive answers always. Thanks to every one of you for being my "sister in quilting." I respect the collective knowledge of the QB, and acknowledge that I would not be in the contented place that I am without all of you. It has been a steep learning curve this past year, but thanks to every one of you. May your New Year be Pieceful! Connie
    Please meet my avatar quilting buddy, Myrtle McQuilter

Connie, you have said it way better than I could have. My sentiments exactly. The QB is a wonderful place to learn, gain confidence, and grow in the "world of quilting. I, too, am grateful for all the things I have learned through being a part of this group of wonderful people from all over the world. I love to read the posts about quilting, life events, and everyone's stories.
    Thanks everyone on the QB and Happy New Year...

Connie you could not have said it better. I have learned so much from this board!!!! Such a wonderful group of people!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone!!!!!!!

i also agree with every thing connie says. i enjoy this board with my coffee in the morning.
    i learn so many things.

YES Connie!
    Completely agree.

Amen, Quilting Friends!!!! My journey also.

DITTO to ALL the above! You ALL are awesome!!!!,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Everything I know about quilting, I've learned here! Well said, conniemaried, and thanks to all of you who have helped me on my quilting journey!

I agree. Quilting is now my one and only passion. I've given up all that other crafty stuff. Thanks to QB I learn more all the time. Without QB I would not have known about THE QUILT SHOW which I have joined or CRAFTSY where I have purchased several classes. You expressed my sentiments beautifully.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

total agreement, wonderfully said. Those that tell me they are wanting to learn to quilt I tell them to go to the Quilting Board and read and learn. If they don't visit here most every day or even once, I know they aren't really interested in learning the craft and I don't waste my time teaching them.

I agree. This Quiltboard has become like a dear friend to me. I read every morning while I drink my coffee. I also drop in throughout the day when I have a few minutes. I have learned so much from reading and looking at photos here. Thanks to all!

Although I have been quilting about 45-46 years. I have learned alot more about quilting since I joined this board. I am amazed at the very knowledgeable people on here. They all seem very willing to share their knowledge and experience. I hope I never get too old to learn more.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Can't agree more with all that has been said. Love, Love, Love this board.

Blog Entries
    You know, when we get old [83] , people whine and moan about being bored. Not me! All they have to do is get on here and read and learn. We still work and I don't have a LOT of time, but what I have, I love to get on here. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE. I love this place!

Blog Entries
    Connie, I'm right there with you! Started on my quilting journey 16 months ago, thanks to the Quilting Board. Without all of you, I would not have had the courage to jump in. Soooo glad I did! I'm finding myself each time I create a quilt too and choose a new pattern each time to stretch my limits and learn new skills. I'll never learn enough!
    Mavis

This board is the first place I come whenever I have a question, problem, or just something to research about quilting.
    http://www.thingsthatarenotperfect.blogspot.com/

Awesome! I sent you a PM.
    One step at a time, always forward.

I completely agree! I've been quilting for three years and learn so much on here! Everyone is so supportive and helpful! I wouldn't have progressed as well without the help of people on here. I've challenged myself because of encouragement from fellow quilters. If someone would have told me three years ago I would be doing FMQ I would never have believed them!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Although I have been quilting about 45-46 years. I have learned alot more about quilting since I joined this board. I am amazed at the very knowledgeable people on here. They all seem very willing to share their knowledge and experience. I hope I never get too old to learn more.
    Although I haven't been quilting quite as long as you have, You are singing my song sister!
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    This is my "go to" place for help, encouragement, learning, sharing, and just being part of a nice group. Our moderators take excellent care of us by making sure everything is friendly and within acceptable limits. It's a nice place to visit and learn. YAY!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I also agree. I've only been here a few months, but already I am picking up knowledge daily. What a great bunch of gals!
    Eileen

Blog Entries
    I do so agree with everything you said.

I was older than you are when I started quilting. And, like you, I regret waiting so long. Many of you ladies don't realize how fortunate you are to have had Grandmothers and Mothers that quilted and passed along that talent. My Mother was an excellent seamstress (but no quilting). My Grandmother did beautiful crocheting and taught me 65 years ago. Although I am greatful for this knowledge, I only wish some of my Grandchildren would show a little interest in the art. I, like you am very greatful for this board and the knowledge I have acquired from the ladies who frequent it. Blessings to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by conniemaried View Post
    I joined the QB Dec 2011. In the year that has passed, I have progressed from a novice quilter to a capable quilter. I have read the daily posts most every day, posted threads when I was lost, taken classes, bought and read books, did several "practice quilts," and attended monthly meetings at my LQS. I have immersed myself in quilting. It has been a marvelous year for me. I have been sewing since age 8, am an experienced sewer (Home Ec degree, also), have conquered many crafts, but I think I have finally found myself in quilting. I regret that I have come to it at such a late stage in life ( I am almost 61), but finally have the sewing room of my dreams, a DH who encourages me, and the backing of a sincere Quilting Board to learn from, ask questions and receive answers always. Thanks to every one of you for being my "sister in quilting." I respect the collective knowledge of the QB, and acknowledge that I would not be in the contented place that I am without all of you. It has been a steep learning curve this past year, but thanks to every one of you. May your New Year be Pieceful! Connie

South East Michigan...at the bottom of the thumb!
    I really love this site too!! I spend my first hour of every morning drinking my coffe and reading the board. I have learned so much from the great quilters here. I also find that the people are NICE!!! The pictures make me want to try something new. I have been quilting for 5 years or so...but do not have a lot of time to do it. Am in Fl for part of the winter so the local guild really doesn't work for me. This has become my guild. Thanks all!!

Blog Entries
    I agree with all, this is the first place I go every morning with my coffee...love it and all the people, its like getting together with all my friends in one big room..have learned so much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast