Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I've come a long way, baby! >

I've come a long way, baby!

I've come a long way, baby!

Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM

I also agree. I've only been here a few months, but already I am picking up knowledge daily. What a great bunch of gals!
Eileen
Old 01-03-2013, 03:53 AM

I do so agree with everything you said.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

I was older than you are when I started quilting. And, like you, I regret waiting so long. Many of you ladies don't realize how fortunate you are to have had Grandmothers and Mothers that quilted and passed along that talent. My Mother was an excellent seamstress (but no quilting). My Grandmother did beautiful crocheting and taught me 65 years ago. Although I am greatful for this knowledge, I only wish some of my Grandchildren would show a little interest in the art. I, like you am very greatful for this board and the knowledge I have acquired from the ladies who frequent it. Blessings to all of you.

Originally Posted by conniemaried View Post
I joined the QB Dec 2011. In the year that has passed, I have progressed from a novice quilter to a capable quilter. I have read the daily posts most every day, posted threads when I was lost, taken classes, bought and read books, did several "practice quilts," and attended monthly meetings at my LQS. I have immersed myself in quilting. It has been a marvelous year for me. I have been sewing since age 8, am an experienced sewer (Home Ec degree, also), have conquered many crafts, but I think I have finally found myself in quilting. I regret that I have come to it at such a late stage in life ( I am almost 61), but finally have the sewing room of my dreams, a DH who encourages me, and the backing of a sincere Quilting Board to learn from, ask questions and receive answers always. Thanks to every one of you for being my "sister in quilting." I respect the collective knowledge of the QB, and acknowledge that I would not be in the contented place that I am without all of you. It has been a steep learning curve this past year, but thanks to every one of you. May your New Year be Pieceful! Connie
Old 01-03-2013, 05:37 AM

I really love this site too!! I spend my first hour of every morning drinking my coffe and reading the board. I have learned so much from the great quilters here. I also find that the people are NICE!!! The pictures make me want to try something new. I have been quilting for 5 years or so...but do not have a lot of time to do it. Am in Fl for part of the winter so the local guild really doesn't work for me. This has become my guild. Thanks all!!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 AM

I agree with all, this is the first place I go every morning with my coffee...love it and all the people, its like getting together with all my friends in one big room..have learned so much.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 AM

well said.no matter what our skill level is there is always more to learn-and this is a great place to share and learn.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 AM

Oh so true...absolutely the place for me to come each morning. I have learned much though I don't post much. It's a feeling of belonging that sings and hums along with each phase of quilting. What a delightful place to be. Thank you.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 AM

I agree with all that has been said and it's what I read while I drink my morning coffee and I just ask my DH what was in the newspaper that morning!!! It's all about priorities!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:48 AM

Connie,

I want to say DITTO! I started quilting two years ago - the month I retired. Why on earth did I wait so long to begin. Probably because I know how obessive/compulsive I am! I've jumped in with both feet and seem to be wading in fabric! I love, love, love this new passion. It has been a lot of trial and error these first two years - being a sponge absorbing everything I can learn and as fast as I can go. One constant though has been my morning cup of coffee and this Board. Even though I rarely post - I want each of you that do - that I thoroughly enjoy your company, talent and willingness to share and teach. You're awesome and addicting. Thank you
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 AM

Couldn't agree more When I first started quilting a few years ago my husband suggested I find a group of ladies to quilt with, I'm happy I found you here on the QB. You are with me everyday.