Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I'VE GOT AN IDEA!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ive-got-idea-t21678.html)

k3n 06-29-2009 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS

Originally Posted by k3n

and I nominate Clive Owen to be added to the list because QuiltingCrazy beat me with Johnny Depp (and I don't care what K3n says - it's OLD news). Johnny's newest movie with him as Dillinger comes out Wed. However, it'll be hard to top Chocolat, Edward Scissorhands or What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Won't argue with Clivve Owen but check your PM before committing to Johnny.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never got a PM from you! Are you messin' with me?

joanne - i would NEVER mess with you! you got the PM now, right? :D

JoanneS 06-30-2009 06:22 AM

I did receive it, but I don't believe it! Where did that info come from?

Quilting Aggi 06-30-2009 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Just seen Ewan McGregor at Wimbledon - phwooooahhhhh! Any takers?

I loved his two shows he did with his best mate Charlie.. The Long Way Down and The Long Way Round. They did two huge motorbike excursions!

k3n 06-30-2009 06:58 AM

Yeah, i saw those Andrea! He's soooo sexy! LOVE those eyes!

nana2 07-01-2009 11:06 AM

Now I know I'm O L D. Who the heck is Johnny Depp?? My kids will be so embarsed that I asked!!!! LOL The last Johnny on T.v. that was even interesting was Johnny Carson, I loved his jokes!!!! Maybe I'm in the sewing room too much.

JoanneS 07-01-2009 11:13 AM

nana2 - I think I'm AT LEAST as old as you. Johnny Depp played the lead pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean, which many grandparents saw with their grandchildren, so he crossed generational lines. I already knew who he was, because I'm a movie nut, and first thought he was GREAT in Edward Scissorhands despite his trashy rep. THEN I saw Chocolat and was lost forever! A great book that was NOT ruined by the movie. Every one of his movie roles is entirely different. Unlike Jack Nicholson who seems to play Jack Nicholson over and over. I wonderif I'm going to get an argument started again :lol:

Boston1954 - sorry again - we've hijacked your quilt show thread.

k3n 07-01-2009 11:15 AM

nana2 - I think I'm AT LEAST as old as you. Johnny Depp played the lead pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean, which many grandparents saw with their grandchildren, so he crossed generational lines. I already knew who he was, because I'm a movie nut, and first thought he was GREAT in Edward Scissorhands despite his trashy rep. THEN I saw Chocolat and was lost forever! A great book that was NOT ruined by the movie. Every one of his movie roles is entirely different. Unlike Jack Nicholson who seems to play Jack Nicholson over and over. I wonderif I'm going to get an argument started again :lol:

Have to agree with you on Chocolat - beautiful book and beautiful film! :D

nana2 07-01-2009 03:29 PM

Believe it or not, I did see Edward Scissor Hands. Just not much of a movie fan. Then have to be careful about movies with GD. The Autism thing. She takes things so literal and we have to work on "pretent" or "real". If I say, "Get off my back", she is totally lost about what that means. After years the answer is always, I am not on your back. By the way, thanks for filling me in.