Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   I've opened a can of worms... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ive-opened-can-worms-t102050.html)

suebee 02-22-2011 10:34 AM

Well how sweet are you!!! that doesnt happen everyday...at least not in my house. You are very fortunate. I cant wait to see this quilt....hurry...LOL. Thanks for sharing. Better hold on to Mr. Scuba!

eaglebeak1960 02-22-2011 10:34 AM

working with my DW on planning for sewing projects all the time I love it we are together all the time.

Chris

franie 02-22-2011 10:34 AM

Love this story!

Hope2quilt 02-22-2011 10:39 AM

how cool! What a great DH!!

Dandish 02-22-2011 10:43 AM

Where'd you buy that can of worms? I want to get one!

Great to hear you are both enjoying the project.

QuiltingGrannie 02-22-2011 10:45 AM

How awesome!

BluegrassGurl 02-22-2011 10:46 AM

ahhhh... bless your heart. That is wonderful!

deema 02-22-2011 10:50 AM

I wouldn't call that a can of worms. I think its fantastic that he is so interested. My husband is accepting, and sometimes obliging, but rarely helpful or interested. I'm not complaining, because like I said - he's accepting, and doesn't complain, but I think it would be really nice to work on something with him...that will certainly make some wonderful memories for you two...lasting ones that you will be reminded of every time you look at the quilt the two of you worked on together. :D Enjoy it. (and the extra stash :lol: )

SuzyQ 02-22-2011 10:51 AM

That's awesome! I wish mine would "keep filling up the cart" with fabric LOL. Bless my DH's heart though ... he doesn't ask any questions about where stuff comes from which is good coz he wouldn't really like the answer <grin>.

Susan

Vanuatu Jill 02-22-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by deema
I wouldn't call that a can of worms. I think its fantastic that he is so interested. My husband is accepting, and sometimes obliging, but rarely helpful or interested. I'm not complaining, because like I said - he's accepting, and doesn't complain, but I think it would be really nice to work on something with him...that will certainly make some wonderful memories for you two...lasting ones that you will be reminded of every time you look at the quilt the two of you worked on together. :D Enjoy it. (and the extra stash :lol: )

That describes us too-he never says a word about what I spend, but also has no interest. In the beginning of my quilting, I was also learning the use of the computer, and living overseas, I wanted to subscribe to various free newsletters, etc, to help me learn. He had no patience and usually made me feel like I was really burdening him with my questions and needing help. Not so much in words, but in attitude. I finally got the nerve and blasted him for being so selfish and not allowing me to enjoy my new passion without feeling guilty for needing his help. And his attitude of my interests not being important enough and frivolous was really insulting and hurtful. He apoligised, not realizing how I felt, and has never made me feel like that again. However, he still has no interest. Those of you who have a partner who not only supports you, but also gets involved with you are so lucky! We are retired now, and it would be lovely to get involved together.