Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 1600P (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-1600p-t37632.html)

butterflyquilter 02-22-2010 10:09 AM

Does anyone havae this machine? I am looking at it to do FMQ because my throat on my machine is only 4 inches or so. If you have it, do you like it? I find hand quilting is taking me longer and longer to do! I thought this might be a good machine for F
MQ. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Gwen

mytwopals 02-22-2010 10:14 AM

I have the Pfaff version of this same machine. The Pfaff GrandQuilter Hobby 1200 is the same machine and also built by Janome. Mine is sitting on a Grace frame and I do like the machine. I purchased the machine, frame and stitch regulator used for $1,500. It stitches very nicely.

butterflyquilter 02-22-2010 10:38 AM

what is the stitch regulator? Would I need one of thoswe? I wasn't going to use it with a frame, at least not right now. I can get a new machine only for $699. Is that a good deal?
Gwen

calicocat 02-22-2010 05:45 PM

I have one. I like it. 699 is what I paid last year at this time. I have since purchased a darning foot made for it. And the man at the sewing machine store told me to see the feed dogs on 0 as this will work the same as lowering them. It is a smooth sewing, sewing machine.

hulahoop1 02-23-2010 12:07 AM

I have this machine on a frame and am very happy with it.

Pats8e8 02-23-2010 12:12 AM

I have had my 1600P for nearly 4 yrs now and I love it, I use it more than my other two as it is my favorite of them all. It's great for MQ. Do you have the 1/4 " foot? I like to echo quilt and that keeps me straight.

memathomas 02-23-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by butterflyquilter
Does anyone havae this machine? I am looking at it to do FMQ because my throat on my machine is only 4 inches or so. If you have it, do you like it? I find hand quilting is taking me longer and longer to do! I thought this might be a good machine for F
MQ. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Gwen

i have this machine and had a lot of problems a first but after i learned the machine its wonderful get the stitch regulator for sure its a good machine
mema

butterflyquilter 02-23-2010 05:27 AM

i have this machine and had a lot of problems a first but after i learned the machine its wonderful get the stitch regulator for sure its a good machine
mema[/quote]

what is the stitch regulator? do you use it without using a frame?

memathomas 02-23-2010 08:19 AM

mema

what is the stitch regulator? do you use it without using a frame?[/quote]

oh its a unit put on to the machine to keep the stitches one size no matter how slow or fast you go. if u don't have one the stitches will very in size yea u don't need the frame. i am sending a pm (private message) to u
mema

Pats8e8 02-23-2010 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by memathomas

mema

what is the stitch regulator? do you use it without using a frame?

oh its a unit put on to the machine to keep the stitches one size no matter how slow or fast you go. if u don't have one the stitches will very in size yea u don't need the frame. i am sending a pm (private message) to u
mema[/quote]

I was under the impression that you did need a frame to use the regulator. Have they changed it now so it goes directly on the machine?