Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 6500/6600 owners please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-6500-6600-owners-please-t55424.html)

memeof3 07-22-2010 04:45 AM

Above all else, I'll take Lulu!!! ;)

Carol W 07-22-2010 04:53 AM

I have the 6600 and love love love it!!!

Lady Diana 07-22-2010 05:40 AM

I too, am an avid Janome owner. I have two 6600's...just had to get one for the cabin...they are absolutely great! No problems with the accufeed, in fact you can see better than that bulky walking foot. Would not trade the thread cutter on any machine, great for continuous piecing. The Horizon does not have a separate motor for winding bobbins and if you do your own quilting, you wind alot of bobbins., with the 6600 you have that separate motor. At this stage I would not purchase the 6500, even though they are nice machines. You can find slightly used 6600's from trade ins on the Horizon. I was fortunate to find a three week old 6600 with full warranty (lady changed her mind) for $900. I also belong to the Janome6500/6600 yahoo group, which is a terrific support group. The Ladies are absolutely wonderful about sharing information and tips on these machines. I would suggest you join..even before you decide on your machine. Love those Janomes....just bought a 3160 for classes. For the features and money, I would get the 6600. Diana 6600/4900/9000/3160 PS: Let us know what you choose.

King's Daughter 07-22-2010 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
I went all over St. Louis County about 5 years ago looking to buy a Janome MC6500 but the dealers didn't know much about it and weren't willing to offer any deals like extra feet. Then I found out about the Elna 7200 and started looking around for it. The second dealer I visited had one setup and was making a quilt on it when I walked in the door. It came with the table & feet I wanted and she had one in a box she was saving for herself but she sold it to me on the spot! I was a very happy camper. The Elna 7200 is the Elna commissioned version of the Janome MC6500. I believe the Elna 7300 is the Elna version of the Janome MC6600 so you might find what you're dreaming about at the Elna dealer just like I did!

I have the Elna 7300 and just love it. It came with a couple of the Accufeed feet, and I bought others through All Brands. The Accufeed is wonderful! It does take a few seconds to change feet, but once you're used to doing it, it's a breeze. I've had them get caught on safety pins a couple of times while FMQ, but that was my fault for not taking them out.

MarieM 07-22-2010 06:39 AM

I work at a LQS (authorized Janome dealer) that has a 6500 on sale right now. If you are interested I'll check her price on it. In our area (western MT) a machine with those features are not that popular.

Marie M.

thseabreze 07-22-2010 06:52 AM

I have the 6600, and abolutely love it. The 'foot' does not get in my way at all, and sometimes, I am all fingers. You would love it. I haven't been quilting very long, but find quilting with this machine, is such a breeze...so easy and turns out so nice.
I love the double needle option also, and the fact it has a lever, to reduce, or speed up the sewing speed. I don't like a slow machine..

King's Daughter 07-22-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by thseabreze
I have the 6600, and abolutely love it. The 'foot' does not get in my way at all, and sometimes, I am all fingers. You would love it. I haven't been quilting very long, but find quilting with this machine, is such a breeze...so easy and turns out so nice.
I love the double needle option also, and the fact it has a lever, to reduce, or speed up the sewing speed. I don't like a slow machine..

I haven't tried the double needle yet...what do you use it for?

thseabreze 07-22-2010 07:03 AM

you can use it for anything you like...for quiting, to secure a block or design...like I am doing one now, with flying geese patterns..I will go around those with the double needle..or for applique, you can use it then 2, with 2 colors thread, if you like....anything you can imagine...I wouldn't buy a sewing machine that did not have this option. My old husky has it too, and I love it, I did industrial sewing for many years, and we used the doube stitch alot.

itsmesuzq 07-22-2010 07:18 AM

I just bought the 6600P a couple of months ago and I love it. It is really easy to work with; I love the snap on feet and the bobbin winder. Oh my gosh just having those two things on this Janome has saved me many minutes of fumbling around! I will be using the Accufeed foot very soon, and so far it hasn't gotten in my way at all. I bought the extra quilt plate and foot but all the other feed came with the machine. Oh, my dealer also said that the 6500 would be fazing out shortly. I don't know if that's true, but I guess we'll see. The quote I got on the Horizon was $2500 and the 6600P was over a thousand dollars cheaper! I couldn't afford that difference. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

iamjanet 07-22-2010 07:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried to send this earlier, but don't see that it posted. I have a 6500-P Janome for sale. PM me if interested. I'm selling it because I subsequently bought 2 Bernina's, one of them being the new 830-E, and if you know the price of that beauty, you know why I'm trying to sell the Janome!