Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome Artistic Quilter 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-artistic-quilter-18-a-t119880.html)

SmickChick 03-17-2012 09:34 AM

My heart goes out to those of you who have had such problems. Back in the 80's I had to visit my Singer repairman about 15 times in three months. Years of frustration later, I took a hammer to the machine (really!). This thread has quenched my desire for a mid-arm or long arm. Comments that I have heard from guild ladies regarding their machines include, "I'm past the crying stage, but it's still frustrating." and "Company won't call me back regarding my issues." Such a shame. The reputation for good company service makes a difference to me when buying. I have gone with my second choice product over my first choice because one has a great reputation, and the other, from experience, not so good.
That dealer who says to use only one kind of thread is full of bunko. Absolutely hogwash!!!! My opinion, but also that of Bob at Superior Threads, check out his frequently asked questions. I have used Robinson Anthon, Superior, dollar-a-CONE from internet, Aurefil, etc. on my Juki industrial, and actually I don't believe that I would buy RA again....now I am talking polyester 40 wt thread for zig zag embroidery - not cotton. The dollar-a-cone was stronger than the RA. Please don't dismiss this paragraph, cause I don't have a long arm....the thread is not your problem!!
I wish you the best to resolve your quilting problems.

SuzyQ2 03-17-2012 09:46 AM

Thank you for your input, it says volumes!

This Artistic is headed back to the company as soon as I get an address.

My Artistic18 has had issues since the day it arrived, non of which I caused!

Trust me it is the worst purchase I've EVER made.

Time is ticking away and so is the warranty....

Christine27 03-18-2012 05:13 PM

So sorry to hear about your troubles. I haven't checked this thread for a while. Your machine sounds like mine before the LQS decided to replace it. The new one has worked for a while but now the top thread gets stuck when I try to bring up the bobbin thread. The store's floor model did the same thing during a demo class and another gal said her machine is doing that too. Until this problem this machine was quilting fine. I'd say Janome has some major issues to work out with this machine.

SuzyQ2 03-19-2012 06:37 AM

Well I just heard back from the Janome Machine Support.....
we recommend that you make sure the frame is level otherwise you can experience many different problems. If leveling does not help, you will need to have your dealer check it for you.

Now this is the dealer that has not helped me in 9 months to make it right when it was limping along...now it does not work at all....You really think he going to check it out????

HELP...me Janome

SuzyQ2 03-19-2012 09:23 AM

O'Happy Dance....someone called me a little while ago from Janome. A very nice man listen to all of my issues and is sending me a pre paid shipping label....we can ship the machine back and they will take care of it!!!!!

Thank you Lord

MsPintoBean 03-19-2012 03:48 PM

Last weekend at the Dallas Quilt Show I test drove the Janome Artisitic 18, with the Quilters Creative Touch for Quilt Motion Software. I was very pleased with the computer driven quilting software so I bought the whole package. I am still waiting for it to arrive and my dealer to deliver it and set it up. The dealer is providing a free 5 hour class the end of this month at his store on the machine and setting it up to use, plus tips and tricks. I will post what I have learned. I noticed one of the other members bought their machine at Thomas Sewing Center in Mesquite, Texas, that's where I bought mine.

SuzyQ2 03-19-2012 04:36 PM

Ms. PintoBean,

Wow you are so lucky to have a 5 hr lesson with your and set up!!!! None of that with mine!

question, what is the computer driven software with you Artistic18 about? Must be something new since i purchased mine. Please fill me in.

Happy quilting :-) i look fwd to the day I can quilt too.

MsPintoBean 03-20-2012 10:17 AM

SuzyQ2 - This software is Quilt Cad with Quilt Motion, the touch screen just rolled out last month. It has over 200 patterns in the software. You can also digitize anything. You can read about it at this web site: http://www.graceframe.com/site/compu...-touch-preview

You can watch 3 videos illustrating how this computerized software works: http://www.graceframe.com/site/sally...-touch-preview

I will be able to do free mothion quilting or computerized quilting.

I promise I will share what I learn in the class with this group

I can't wait to get my long arm....no more pushing a quilt through a small machine throat!!

SuzyQ2 03-21-2012 04:03 AM

That's fablous!!!! When my machine comes back from repairs I'd really be interested in this :-)

Yes please keep posting updates.

SmickChick 03-21-2012 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by SuzyQ2 (Post 5074421)
Ms. PintoBean,

Wow you are so lucky to have a 5 hr lesson with your and set up!!!! None of that with mine!

...that' probably because jacko doesn't want to be seen being stumped by his own machine! Happy to hear Janome stepped up to the plate. Your dealer stinks! Best wishes for a good outcome!