Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome Horizon - Calling all owners (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-horizon-calling-all-owners-t145310.html)

Kris 2011 08-14-2011 06:49 PM

I am seriously considering purchasing a Janome Horizon early next year and I'd like to hear from those of you who have one. What do you like about it? What do you not like about it? Thanks for all your input. It will be valued.

Kris

Vicki W 08-14-2011 06:59 PM

The best thing about it ...the smooth feel of the machine and the space. I love the stitches and am trying to make sure I use all of them:).

I am getting used to the needle threader. I find the one on my brother easier to use. I miss the alert that I have on my brother for when the bobbin thread is getting low. (I got lazy not having to look)

woody 08-14-2011 07:00 PM

I have just got one, and so far I love it!!!, Nothing bad or annoying I have found yet. :)

SewMomma66 08-14-2011 07:00 PM

Hello Kris,

Check out our JanomeHorizon7700 group on yahoo. I have this machine and love it.

quiltnmore 08-14-2011 07:05 PM

My dealer had a used one traded in, but I just couldn't see spending the money on just a sewing machine. I have a 6500P with a larger quilting area that does just fine. I picked it up used for $600. I have an embroidery machine that could be used for quilting also with only a little less harp at about 8".

You might put your name in at your local dealer to see if they get one traded in. Christmas could come early?

mamaw 08-14-2011 07:16 PM

Love it, love it, love it!!!!! So many great features and can't say enough about the accu feed system for quilting. You certainly won't be disappointed. Have had mine a little over a year.

Maia B 08-15-2011 04:42 AM

Other than the Bernina 820 ($6500) or 830 ($10,000+), the Janome Horizon has the longest harp- 11" of any domestic sewing machine. I think even the Bailey 13" "short arm" costs more than the Horizon, and the Horizon is a top of the line, sewing-only machine, with hundreds of stitches, built-in dual feed, and features galore. So test drive it, haggle on price, and if it suits you, GO FOR IT. Because the extra room in the harp really is worth it, and it's also a great sewing machine. The Janome Horizon yahoo group is very active, informative, supportive, and friendly. Plus, there are many Horizon owners on QB also.

Chesterina 08-15-2011 04:50 AM

I purchased mine Feb of this year, LOVE IT!!! I would encourge you to get the large spool holder add-on, my dealer was out when I picked mine up but I had it within a week. The space and lighting are GREAT!!! GET IT!

LyndaOH 08-15-2011 04:55 AM

I love my Horizon! I've had it for about nine months and really put it through its paces. I especially like FMQ on it; I've never had to adjust the tension to get beautiful stitches.

Go for it!

grannyQ 08-15-2011 06:36 AM

I have been looking in to getting the Horizon, thank you for all the info.