Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome Owners, please i need your help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-owners-please-i-need-your-help-t194610.html)

Happy Tails 07-14-2012 11:17 AM

Janome Owners, please i need your help

I am ready to trade up my Baby Lock Elegante 2. The dealer I bought it from has stopped selling babylock and is now a Janome dealer. There is one other BL dealer in my area. I wanted to trade up to the BL Ellisimo Gold, but they don't do trade ups. I contacted the dealer I bought my BL from and he tells me that Janome is willing to give me exactly what I paid 4 years ago for my machine towards the Janome 12000. I would have to pay 5,100 (including 15% tax) to get this machine. Please help me is this something I should do??? I can't afford to make any mistakes at these prices. Thanks so much for your help, Wendy

QuiltE 07-14-2012 11:59 AM

Getting what you paid for your machine four years ago is definitely a good deal!! However, whether the model you are considering is for you or not, is something only you know! Janome has a good site with the ability to compare the features of their different machines.

I have had 3 Janomes and have ben quite happy with them. Add to that a wonderful dealer!! If you're happy with your dealer, that's certainly one reason to stay with them.

As for pricing ... look around and check the price for the same model with other dealers. One way to check your dealer and whether they truly are giving you a deal ... ask them what they would charge if you bought the machine without trading your BL. That might tell you how "real" their price is! After all, you might want to keep it as a 2nd machine, or give it to a family member.

Good Luck!

Ruby the Quilter 07-14-2012 12:02 PM

I traded up for the 12000 and love the machine. I think that dealers can't change the price. It's a great machine. Love love the quilting foot and the stitch for that.

knlsmith 07-14-2012 01:10 PM

I would do it in a heartbeat! That's a grwat deal. And since you already know your dealer, that's a big plus, too. :)

debquilts2 07-14-2012 01:24 PM

janome 12000 retails for 8999.00

Jackie Spencer 07-14-2012 01:32 PM

Sounds like a deal to me. Not everyone will give you brand new price for a machine that is 4 years old!! I have a Janome and love , love , love it!!

cmw0829 07-14-2012 01:35 PM

I think you should try both machines before you make a decision. You can sell your Ellegante privately if you prefer the Babylock.

I tried the Janome 11000 and the Ellisimo and chose the Ellisimo - of course, that was MY preference. The Janome 12000 wasn't out at the time.

Good luck!!

Joset 07-14-2012 01:41 PM

wow i would do it in a heart beat.

Dolphyngyrl 07-14-2012 02:07 PM

I would try out both machines, you might prefer the babylock over the janome and don't want to be mad at yourself for making the wrong decision for you. That is a lot of money to invest so you want to be sure the machine has all of the features you want. What seems like a great deal might not be if you end up not liking the machine.

kathdavis 07-14-2012 02:38 PM

Try out both machines. It isn't a good deal if you don't get the machine you really want. It's not like they are giving it to you free.