Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janomes stolen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janomes-stolen-t149375.html)

kwilter11 08-31-2011 11:58 AM

Just got this alert from my dealer:

"We are sad to report that an entire cargo container of JANOME Memory Craft 11000SE machines valued at over $1.7 million dollars was stolen on its way to the JANOME warehouse in New Jersey. We have a list of all of the serial numbers, and just want to caution you that if you happen to see a JANOME Memory Craft 11000SE for sale on the internet, you are probably looking at stolen goods and the FBI will be looking at it, too. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Paramount."

So beware if you see a too-good-to-be-true deal on the Internet. If it turns out to be one of the stolen machines, I am pretty sure the police can confiscate it and you will be out your money and the machine.

LeAnne

Grama Lehr 08-31-2011 12:00 PM

My mama always said, if it looks too good to be true,
it probably is!

sewmuchmore 08-31-2011 12:01 PM

Sad that people do things like this. :-(

tomilu 08-31-2011 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by kwilter11
Just got this alert from my dealer:

"We are sad to report that an entire cargo container of JANOME Memory Craft 11000SE machines valued at over $1.7 million dollars was stolen on its way to the JANOME warehouse in New Jersey. We have a list of all of the serial numbers, and just want to caution you that if you happen to see a JANOME Memory Craft 11000SE for sale on the internet, you are probably looking at stolen goods and the FBI will be looking at it, too. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Paramount."
LeAnne

WOW!!! I hope they are caught. I wonder if they even knew what was in the container before they opened it?
I sure love my Janome 11000SE

gaevren 08-31-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by kwilter11
If it turns out to be one of the stolen machines, I am pretty sure the police can confiscate it and you will be out your money and the machine.

LeAnne

Yep. Just because you didn't know it was stolen when you bought it doesn't mean you get to keep it. Sucks if it happens to you but that's how the law is.

Candace 08-31-2011 03:13 PM

Yikes.

sahm4605 08-31-2011 03:18 PM

how sad. i hope that no one gets taken on a too good deal. I also do hope that if some people are buying the stolen goods that the company might see it as a great PR op and maybe give a discount code of sort or something like that to those poor people who thought they were getting a good deal on something.

DogHouseMom 08-31-2011 03:21 PM

My best friends husband is an investigator with UPS Freight. Have heard many strange stories from him about theft on a large scale like the one above. Most of the stuff that he investigates are "inside" jobs.

I'll have to ask him if he's heard about this one.

cathyvv 08-31-2011 03:28 PM

Now we have to ask the question:

Did one of us mastermind this theft?

Nah...

Dolphyngyrl 08-31-2011 04:36 PM

why can't everyone in this world just make an honest living, really!!! Even to hear of stolen quilts just sickens me..