Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janomes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janomes-t208529.html)

IndigoQuilter 12-16-2012 02:10 PM

I just bought the Janome 8200 Horizon, I absolutely love this machine!

MimiBug123 12-16-2012 08:24 PM

I've had Janomes for probably 20 years now and love them. Never had any problems other than the needle threader on my 10001 doesn't work on all needles. I can deal with that! I have lots of vintage machines and love them, as well. If I was going to buy a brand new machine, I'd go for another Janome.

ashlett 12-17-2012 12:47 AM

I have a JanomeHorizon which I absolutely love, before I had a Janome Memeory Craft 6000 which was my best friend for 30years.

Wintersewer 12-17-2012 03:51 AM

I LOVE my Janome 6500 and 6600. I have had no trouble that was not operator error, and only one or two of those. As with any machine, I have to keep it clean and oiled at the one wick that it has. After Christmas I'm going to check out the new 8200, because it has an 11" bed.

Wintersewer 12-17-2012 03:54 AM

What feet does it have to be used with the new dual feed system? I am seriously considering this machine.

Originally Posted by IndigoQuilter (Post 5724006)
I just bought the Janome 8200 Horizon, I absolutely love this machine!

miriam 12-17-2012 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie (Post 5723022)
I have the Janome 6500 and it has been the most expensive machine that I have ever bought and the one that I have not liked! I'm sure that I got the one made at ten to five just before a long weekend. It's had a lot of problems and so have I. I definitely have had a love/hate relationship with this machine. There are some features that I really like, needle up-down, needle threader and thread cutter. I haven't liked the feed dogs (set in at an angle and have never fed fabric in correctly), bobbin case that rattles and bangs unless you oil the oil wick under it, a machine that veers off at any seam junction, dislikes thicker fabric and growls and sometimes jams or knots up for no particular reason and all of these problems were caused by "operator error" according to my dealer. I never want another Janome and am presently looking at the Juki Exceed 600 and the Juki TL2010Q. I could buy both of these machines for what I paid for my Janome 6500. I really think that there are no perfect machines out there. It's just a matter of finding (hard to do) the best one for you and a dealer that is willing and able to work with you to resolve any problems.

I got rid of my Janome for many of the same reasons. I absolutely hated it. I went back to the vintage machines after that and I am very happy. I would add to your list. I could not get my Janome to turn a corner with reinforced stitches. It would take an extra stitch no matter what I did. I just couldn't do it. My vintage machines - every last one of them will turn a corner every time - right where I want it and I can reinforce the stitches as I go. When I could not piece denim at the seams, I called Janome and they told me I needed an industrial machine. My vintage machines will do it with out a hick-up.

Candy Apple Quilts 12-17-2012 04:23 AM

I bought my Janome in 1988.... I think that's an antique by computer standards! It has turned a bit yellowish gold, but I like to think of it as "aging like a fine wine". It still runs as well now as the day I brought it home! LOVE Janomes!

deedum 12-17-2012 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by lfletcher (Post 5723273)
Sorry to hear about your problems. I've had the Janome 6500 since the 2nd year after it came out (can't remember exactly when that was) and love it. I have never had any problems at all with it. I'm thinking you must have gotten a "Lemon".

I too have a love hate relationship with this machine. Let's keep in mind it is an embrodiery machine also so we expect more from it. I did have to have it in the shop once last year, but she is powerful and I use her alot. Of course my preference is the old vintage Singers, but I have 2 Janome's and they are good machines. I really like the 1600 as well.

MamaHen 12-17-2012 04:54 AM

I have both a Janome 6004 & a 7700, and love them both. Never a lick of trouble with either. I bought the 6004 back in the 90's and it still runs like the first day I got it. I also have a 350E- can you tell I'm a Janome fan?

twinkie 12-17-2012 04:57 AM

I have a Memory Craft 9500 and I just love it. I bought it at a dealer and was able to pay $100 per month until it was paid for with no interest. Great machine and great payment plan for those on a limited income.