Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janomes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janomes-t208529.html)

nstitches4u 12-17-2012 06:59 PM

I have been a long time Janome owner. I currently have a 6600P and I love it. I've never had a problem with any of my Janomes. Great machines with a good stitch.

spokanequilter 12-17-2012 07:01 PM

Love my Janome Horizon 7700!! The 11" bed is wonderful for FMQ. I love the needle threader, thread cutter, hundreds of decorative stitches, and, well, there are many other features that I love. I've only had her for a year, but I'm thinking she and I will have a long-term relationship.

lfw045 12-17-2012 07:54 PM

I have the Janome DC5100 and just love it! It is so fast and doesn't mind hemming blue jeans one bit!

Scakes 12-17-2012 09:02 PM

I've got the 1600 and it sews so nicely. Straight stitch only but I like it. I do have other machines if I want something different.

Heylure 12-17-2012 09:58 PM

I have owned several Janomes sewing & embroidery machines. I do love them but the company would not back me when a dealer dropped & broke my machine & smashed the base. I had to pay a lot to get it back otherwise this unscrupulous dealer could keep it due to a clause on their service slip stating it had to be picked up by a certain date or relinquished. She even admitted it wasn't broken when I dropped it off. She is now out of business after all these yrs. there are a lot of great dealers out there. Shop for the dealer just like the machine. You'll love it. Good luck.

wolf3349 12-17-2012 11:39 PM

I,ve got the DC 2010 and believe me--I have put it through a lot of things since I got it. I have not had any problems with it except for the foot pedal and the dealer was right there to fix te problem.--Even gave me another foot pdal till He esolved the problem.
If I had to get another machine it would be another Janome.
I have even quilted a queen size quilt with mine--takes some doing -but i get it done.

TeresaS 12-17-2012 11:45 PM

I absolutely love mine. I am saving up for the 6600 now.

My time 12-18-2012 12:43 AM

I guess it depends on how much money you want to spend. The majority of people who own Janomes are happy with them. Since your a quilter and aren't interested in embroidery patterns, I would buy the Janome with the widest throat I could find. I love my Janome 10000 but I don't like it's narrow throat. It's my only complaint about it.

jmoore 12-18-2012 04:24 AM

I switched from an older Pfaff to a Janome 6600 abut a year and a half ago and am very happy with my new machine. I chose the Janome over Pfaff because where I live in Maine the Janome dealer (my LQS) is only about 15 minutes up the road and a Pfaff dealer is well over an hour. You might consider your choices in this regard.

QultingaddictUK 12-18-2012 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 5722962)
I've got the TXL 607 and love it. The auto thread cutter has paid for itself with amount of thread I've saved on, lol. I love the fact that I don't have to use the pedal and can just set the speed, particularly for FMQ. It also has an alphabet and quite a few decorative stitches.

I see you are from where my Grandparents were born! Did you get your machine from David Drummond's of Edinburgh, as I do. I recently bought the Elna 720, now made by Janome, and although expensive you get what you pay for.

I totally agree with you on the Thread Cutter I wouldn't buy a machines without one now, ditto with the speed control and working the machine without the pedal. I find that it comes into it's own when doing fancy stitches or embroidery as you get a better stable speed control.

I am jealous of your upcoming New Year festivities for which Edinburgh is famous for, Happy Hogmanay :)